Is Snap'n Build really gone?

Hamv90

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just read on the Bethesda website a thread where the Dev said it was true and that he would be discussing it further here. So here I am.

My MAJOR problem is that last night, all of my mods were wiped from my XBone. I don't know what happened, but I got all of them installed except that one. I couldn't find it, now I know he's pulled it. HOWEVER, now I have the structures menu gone. I didn't get a chance to uninstall with his program and now I have no way to reinstall the mod...my whole game is broke. I have over a year into the play through and most of it has been spent building some cool stuff. I just bought equipment for voice recording so I can make some videos of my (mostly) finished settlements.

On top of it, I tried to reply to him on the Bethesda thread, but for some reason I can't login. All I get when I try to login at Bethesda (from my PC) if a white screen. Nothing ever comes up. I can search through mods, but I can't do anything that requires a login.

Does anyone here know if there is a work around to get the structures menu back for XBone. I realize this is mostly PC players...but if you've heard anything, please let me know.

If he's going to pull it, I would hope that he would at least release a fix, for us people that have this issue, without having to reinstall the mod.

On PC I'd have plenty of ways to fix it, including sending you the copy of the mod that I have. On Xbox however...

The most I could offer is uploading it on beth.net, but the author pulled it for a reason (or so I hope), and I'd rather not do it without permission.

I really hope he will get it back up. But atm I guess we all just have to wait for his explanation, and tbh, respect it what ever it is. After all, all mods here is voluntary and no one gets paid. It is all for the enjoyment to the rest of us. (Todays niceness point spent. :P )

I just read on the Bethesda website a thread where the Dev said it was true and that he would be discussing it further here. So here I am.

My MAJOR problem is that last night, all of my mods were wiped from my XBone. I don't know what happened, but I got all of them installed except that one. I couldn't find it, now I know he's pulled it. HOWEVER, now I have the structures menu gone. I didn't get a chance to uninstall with his program and now I have no way to reinstall the mod...my whole game is broke. I have over a year into the play through and most of it has been spent building some cool stuff. I just bought equipment for voice recording so I can make some videos of my (mostly) finished settlements.

On top of it, I tried to reply to him on the Bethesda thread, but for some reason I can't login. All I get when I try to login at Bethesda (from my PC) if a white screen. Nothing ever comes up. I can search through mods, but I can't do anything that requires a login.

Does anyone here know if there is a work around to get the structures menu back for XBone. I realize this is mostly PC players...but if you've heard anything, please let me know.

If he's going to pull it, I would hope that he would at least release a fix, for us people that have this issue, without having to reinstall the mod.

Someone has suggested this in the Beth thread:

https://bethesda.net/en/mods/fallout4/mod-detail/1987353

On PC I'd have plenty of ways to fix it, including sending you the copy of the mod that I have. On Xbox however...

The most I could offer is uploading it on beth.net, but the author pulled it for a reason (or so I hope), and I'd rather not do it without permission.

Hi guys, I just stumble accross the missing structure menu issue. and foudn out about the Snap mod not available anymore.

I am new to this community, and searched and apply several things found in here to try to restore the vainilla menu at least, but with no luck.

I am on 75+ hs on a survival run, so no option for starting again...

how can this be solved in PC? can someone help me with a solution?

It's unfortunate the Snap'n Build author felt it necessary to pull the mods from every location, with apparently with no warning either.

Hopefully he will consider doing a similar thing to how some other modders deal with mods that they no longer wish to work on or support. An archive mod page with a big banner saying OFFERED AS IS. NO SUPPORT GIVEN.

Would at least give people the chance to sort their games out, get things corrected and finish existing playthroughs with their mod list intact, given the fragile nature of load orders and mod lists and apparently consol mods just disappearing overnight (from a couple of posts I have seen on this issue, here and elsewhere).

It would be nice to know why, but at the end of the day it's his mod to do what he likes with. :smile: It's a great mod and I've happily used it for ages and have now stashed my own copy of it onto my external hard drive, just in case lol.