Is Snap'n Build really gone?

Hamv90

I just discovered that there are no 45 degree roof parts for those 45 degree windows and walls and doorways yeah just great. I don't understand what permissions problem there would be when it appears that ALL the stuff in this mod came from the vanilla game files. This really sucks and even worse is how much progress the author made in fixing it before giving up on it. There is a trello page still up with all the fixes they did like a whole lot of fixes and we will never see them unless the author posts them. What the hell is this crap atlas shrugged or something? wtf?

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Though it doesn't contain, probably, nearly as much, I'm finding snappy housekits to be a really good alternative.

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/11639/?

Robboten and KKtheBeast are working furiously on new sets for Snappy.

I suspect someone will remake SnB but it'll take time. Yes it does use vanilla assets but because of the way the vanilla assets are in game its actually a lot of work to make them usable in workshop mode. All of those pieces are actually one sided. Meaning either the inside or the outside has no texture, it just looks invisible. So you have to combine the interior and exterior and give them a side as well. Then there's also snap points to add. Since some pieces also require navcuts in order for NPCs to use them the mod author has to have 3ds Max, the official Bethesda plugin, and enough knowledge to use it.

I wonder if beth ever considered this kind of thing when they were planning beth.aids this will happen often enough to keep beth down and force some console gamers to move on to other games. Why play when some modder will pull their mods anyway? will be the common thought in console gamers heads. Their attention span is much shorter than pc gamers and we all know the console market is the money maker for developers so this will affect them in a negative way. How many copies of fallout 4 and each DLC sell each month? Will those figures be affected by this kind of thing? If I only had a console I wouldn't buy games like fallout 4 or if I did I would stop playing it after a couple of big burns like this.

I don't know what reason the author had this time but if it's another "don't play the game anymore, don't want to support a mod" I don't get it. Why not just leave it up, there's absolutely no obligation for authors to provide any kind of support to begin with. Anyway I've started backing up all the files I download to a remote server, seeing it is some kind of a trend to people just flick the switch at any given time.

How i have read stuff so far and what i have seen in the past with his mods i think its what hapend before to him not delete but more taken down bye bethesda.

And why's that? From what I've seen, Beth allows for example their whole hi-res dlc for Skyrim to be uploaded on Nexus. Run through an optimizer.

He said on the other site that he had removed his mods, not that bethesda/nexus had insisted he do so. It's quite possible he simply hadn't remembered that the mod will literally vanish from a consol game once removed from beth.net and will reinstate it once he does.