The 2017 Baseline for the Standard Issue Mod List

NewThalos

Hello Morrowind modding community!

I started playing Morrowind some time back while waiting for SKSE64, using just the Morrowind Overhaul - Sounds And Graphics by Ornitocopter Team. I'd never played Morrowind before this point, and I didn't make it too far into the storyline before getting distracted and abandoning the playthrough, but now I'm looking to take another jab at it before moving onto Oblivion (also have yet to play that game yet.)

I'm looking for a solid list of the base mod list that you long-time users consider the gold-standards of Morrowind modding, because I know there are likely better options than the 2012 Overhaul mentioned above. Let's hear your must have list, with emphasis on framework and visual eye candy.

Thanks!

Thank Dragon32 for posting this in another thread else I wouldn't know about it to tell you.

In future though I would advise reading earlier forum posts pertaining to your questions before posting a new thread.

Thanks for the reply, albeit a bit snarky. My issue with your response however is that you're citing 6+ year old content with links to outdated mods and/or updates that are already included within the 2012 Overhaul cited in my original post. You've not only missed the entire point of what my op is talking about, but you've successfully inferred that I've not already trolled the forums looking for what exists within the literature review.

I'm looking for anecdotal baseline testimonies from people about what they're currently using in 2017 as their gold-standard mod list that goes above and beyond the cited Morrowind Overhaul v3.0, and unfortunately everything listed in your link is already included to the Overhaul mod.

You stopped by to post in my thread, why not tell us what mods you're using? You know... like... address the op.

Thanks

EDIT:

The one useful tid-bit from your post is on the last page, an additional link cited by Enkida. Again, not current, but more helpful than nothing.

Edited by SkyrimCliff

No ill will was meant mate, sorry if it came across that way.

Aside from a number of minor gameplay mods which are mostly based on preference I myself am using MGSO. I know you're probably somewhat apprehensive about using MGSO as it's getting on a bit in years but to my knowledge it's still the best compilation of graphical mods out there, you're likely to find some better individual mods independent of MGSO but it's mostly just going to be texture replacers and the like and what you do and don't like in terms of texture replacers is a matter of personal preference.

That aside if you do end up using MGSO then get the patch and install the latest versions of MGE XE, mlox, MWSE and MCP, if you just want to play a visually updated game then that's basically everything you need.

Besides that the only things I would really put forward as general recommendations are Tamriel Rebuilt and Morrowind Rebirth, I personally don't use the latter as it conflicts with a ton of other mods just as a result of the sheer scale of it but if you don't really know exactly what it is you're looking for or if again you just want to get into the game and play it without reading through several dozen readme files then it might be your thing.

Lastly I would recommend watching some of DarkElfGuy's Morrowind Modding Showcases and seeing what takes your fancy from there.

Edited by MedicinalFoetus