Problem trying to pack mod with lot of files

Hello.

First time I'm trying to pack mod with lot of files(several thousand) and ck skips lot of the files everytime and says it generated errors. Problem is, the error log gets "cut short" and I can't see what files are causing errors.

It would be nice to see why and what files are skipped, but I simply can't see them.. I have lot of almost similiar named audio files, so manually checking them is gonna take a week(s) and is going to be painful as hell. When playing my mod with loose files, everything seems to work.

Is there any way to actually see the errors or should I just manually pack all files?

Do you know what kinds of files are missing? Is it all audio? And if that's the case, is it all dialogue? Certain files like LOD and a few others have to be manually packed(which is hundreds of files, but thankfully just in a handful of folders you can copy the entire contents of.) BTW, ignore the comment about NMM. It has nothing to do with packing ba2's, only packing a zip for distribution on Nexus.

Theres actually only 2 textures and rest are dialogue audios(and some scripts), so yes it's audio file... there are couple duplicates(same audio, different file name, used in multiple dialogues) so some of the errors might be from those, but when I pack all, it's missing about 30 files or so when I unpack the ba2. I don't have 30 duplicates, more like 2-5.

I could do shared audio for the duplicates and I already done it for some, but I still get errors and the log when packing just cuts and I can't see the errors at all. I guess I need to use archive2.exe to just pack the whole audio folder?

Adding "Sound\Voice\testpack.esp\PlayerVoiceFemale01\000A38B3_1.xwm" to archive from "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Fallout 4\Data\PC\Data\Sound\Voice\testpack.esp\PlayerVoiceFemale01\000A38B3_1.xwm"...

Adding "Sound\Voice\testpack.esp\PlayerVoiceFemale01\000A38B3_1.lip" to archive from "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Fallout 4\Data\Sound\Voice\testpack.esp\PlayerVoiceFemale01\000A38B3_1.lip"...

Adding "Sound\Voice\testpack.esp\PlayerVoiceFemale01\000A38B3_1.xwm" to archive from "C:\Program 

As you can see, the last line just cuts and thats where the log ends. I have tried and will pack those files as .fuz when I'm ready to release but it gives same error. "Archive process succeeded, but had errors - output:". Also I have no idea what that PC folder is, CK seems to make it when I try pack? The amount of skipped files seem to also change.. this time it's 75 files missing from the packed file.

So, in short, it's skipping some files but I have no idea why.

edit. I just noticed in the log it has same .xwm two times, but I have no idea why since the folder only has 1 of them. Even when I convert to fuz and delete all xwm, wav, lip from the folder, it still errors.

edit2. When I pack in ck, it seems to make some folder named data/PC/data/sound/voice and copy all audio files there from my actual folders, but still missing files? I guess it's processing them somehow?

Edited by vkz89q

Ah okay, I turned off antivirus and tried packing in fuz and no errors..

Test two with xwm and lip, it seems to compress the xwm to same size as fuz, thats why it makes temp folder, but this generates errors I can't see.

Both still miss same amount of files.. it's gonna be a nightmare to track which ones are missing.

Edited by vkz89q

I know very little about audio files but, I have read it does process them in some way. I've read some threads where people have Pre-Processed their audio files and when packed it will reverse (I think) the processing and the archive ends up huge.

I read about this on the old Beth.net site out of curiosity but, have never messed with audio files myself. I don't know if the thread can even be found anymore but, this may has something to do with the issue your having.

The auto packer is finicky but, I've never seen it miss more then a few files myself.

I know this is probably not all that helpful but, maybe it will help to lead you to a solution.

I welcome any feedback I can get.

I noticed it packs super fast with .fuz files and doesn't compress them.. so I made new test.

1. Delete ALL lip files.

2. Generate new lip files with ck32.exe and bat file. Correct me if I'm wrong, but ck won't actually generate Lip files unless it needs, like I tested putting random xwm and wav in the folder, and it doesn't touch it because it's not used by the mod.

3. Then, I checked how many lip files did it make. 1993, so there should be 1993 audio files in my mod.

4. I converted them to .fuz and deleted(after backup) the lip, xwm and wav files from the folder. 1993 .fuz files.

5. I open up ck and archive the mod. No errors at all so it's a good sign.

6. Then I unpacked the new generated file and checked how many audio files there are. 1990. So, we are getting close now, but still skipping 3 files and now without any errors or reasons why.

Well, I guess it isnt THAT bad, too bad I can't figure which one are missing and why... so it's 3 missed dialogues at max.. not end of the world, lol.

I welcome any feedback I can get.

I noticed it packs super fast with .fuz files and doesn't compress them.. so I made new test.

6. Then I unpacked the new generated file and checked how many audio files there are. 1990. So, we are getting close now, but still skipping 3 files and now without any errors or reasons why.

Well, I guess it isnt THAT bad, too bad I can't figure which one are missing and why... so it's 3 missed dialogues at max.. not end of the world, lol.

The way I have figured out things like that in the past is using File Explorer. You can do it two ways:

1) Copy the extracted files (1990) into the folder with the loose ones (1993)

2) Tell it to replace all files with the same names

3) Once it is done, delete everything currently selected. There should just be the 3 that weren't packed left

or

1) Copy the loose files into the folder with your extracted ones

2) Skip all files with the same name

3) Copy the 3 selected into an empty folder, those will be the ones that weren't packed.