Workbench connections and other (new to this)

ikaba

I only recently started using Creation Kit and modding overall and so far it's been a pretty cool experience. I try gathering info with simple googling or checking Youtube for tutorials (find it easier with visuals). There is however one thing that I cannot seem to find an answer for and I do not know of this is because of something obvious that I have missed so I would be really grateful for answers.

I made a cell with a player home and put the entrance in Goodneighbor. I added a workbench, connected it to a container and also added the electricity wall thingie. All good. But trying to connect the inventory to all other workbenches in this cell doesn't seem to work (armor, cooking, weapon etc). They are all within the field of the work area and i have tried switching the main workbench from a player home one to a settlement one. I have tried connecting the other benches to the same container but don't know if I need a specific keyword (and what it would be) for it to work. I really don't just want to give in and let it be the way it is if there is a way to make it work so I would really appreciate help.

Also the other question, if I want to add something into a vendors inventory to sell (as in their container where they have their sales packs) how do I do this? A simple add to an existing container did not work. I read I should make another one and connect to vendor but does this mean in addition to the existing container or as a replacement? Basically I want Daisy in Goodneighbor to sell the key to the player house I made.

Thankful for any answers.

To link a workbench to a container the keyword needs to be "Workshoplinkcontainer", i would assume to add an armor station or something like that to the container it would need to be the same, essentially like this

Workbench -"workshoplinkcontainer"-> Container <-"workshoplinkcontainer"- Armorbench

To link a workbench to a container the keyword needs to be "Workshoplinkcontainer", i would assume to add an armor station or something like that to the container it would need to be the same, essentially like this

Workbench -"workshoplinkcontainer"-> Container <-"workshoplinkcontainer"- Armorbench

You only need to link the initial container to the workshop ...any thing else like workbenches automatically link to the container via the workshop workbench .

This means that any workbench has to linked to the workshop using the keyword " workshopitemkeyword" for it to be linked properly .

This goes for ALL settlement resources

Also note adding stuff for a vendor goes to a vendor chest.

You can find various vendor chests in the CK that you can edit but remember to duplicate it and rename it so you can edit it or anything that uses that chest will also be effected.

Edited by greekrage

You only need to link the initial container to the workshop ...any thing else like workbenches automatically link to the container via the workshop workbench .

This means that any workbench has to linked to the workshop using the keyword " workshopitemkeyword" for it to be linked properly .

This goes for ALL settlement resources

Also note adding stuff for a vendor goes to a vendor chest.

You can find various vendor chests in the CK that you can edit but remember to duplicate it and rename it so you can edit it or anything that uses that chest will also be effected.

Yeah, thanks I will try this. Still not sure if I am to remove the existing vendor chest and put in the new altered one or if it's fine to just connect the vendor with a new container while still being connected with the old one. I'm gonna give it a go though and see how it works out. Thanks for the reply!