GTX 980 ENB fps severe drop

viral777

Fml... Only other thing i can really suggest is to rollback your nvidia graphics card drivers :/ Other thing might be to try: Search through your fallout.ini and falloutprefs.ini which should be Documents-My games-Fallout New Vegas. Once in there search: bUseThreadedAI=0 and change the "0" to "1". Once done copy INumHWThreads=2 and paste that below BUseThreadedAI=1.

Pretty much tried practically everything i can think of now: Tried older version of the 4gb launcher, Put Nvac and stutter remover in right place, Put the Nvse_Conig in there and right place.

Edited by vulpediablos

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Fml... Only other thing i can really suggest is to rollback your nvidia graphics card drivers :/

how do I rollback? Last time I had to do that it was another program? Rollback means go back to a previous version right?

EDIT: rolling back driver now. will keep you posted.

Edited by viral777

Yeah cool, i know i had an issue with an enb and had to rollback my drivers a while back think it might have been: Driver 375.86. Try the other thing above with the INI tweaks and see if that helps also :D *Fingers crossed*

Im currently using: 376.53

Edited by vulpediablos

Yeah cool, i know i had an issue with an enb and had to rollback my drivers a while back think it might have been: Driver 375.86. Try the other thing above with the INI tweaks and see if that helps also :D *Fingers crossed*

Im currently using: 376.53

Rolled back my drivers, and what do ya know.....FPS drops still. they always linger around 10-17 frames after a steady 60 frames for about 1 minute. Aw well I guess. shame too, the ENB's were too comfy on New Vegas. But hey, I really really appreciate all the help you've been giving me. Maybe when the next ENB update hits it'll fix the problem. its strange though, I've ran an ENB on New Vegas a couple of years back no problem.

Yeah its really weird cause thats pretty much everything i can think of. I hope so too for you, but not sure if there will be another one :/ I mean you tried Old World Enb and that had the same issue which is a lower performancing enb. So its something on your PC that doesnt like your game hmm so weird indeed lol Shame that non of these things helped your game its so strange though, but im guessing ur game is fine without an enb?

Yeah its really weird cause thats pretty much everything i can think of. I hope so too for you, but not sure if there will be another one :/ I mean you tried Old World Enb and that had the same issue which is a lower performancing enb. So its something on your PC that doesnt like your game hmm so weird indeed lol Shame that non of these things helped your game its so strange though, but im guessing ur game is fine without an enb?

yeah its fine without an enb. When I tried NMC's texture my frames would drop almost the same way as with the enb. Not sure, I guess the game is just temperamental. I'll give old world enb a shot.

Edited by viral777

So even when you drop in NMC textures ur getting the same issue? Thats interesting then its likely to be your running out of Vram it seems. Hmmm

yeah tried old world enb, fps drops too.

I have the gtx 980 4gb edition. I can play any other game just fine, even witcher 3 on max settings. ( I know comparing apples to oranges lol). Maybe there is a vram issue?

I think so considering your getting the issue with nmc aswell without an enb is interesting. Is something else eating at ur vram when your running new vegas, check ur processors? Also might be worth trying to reinstall it

*Edit2*

Might be a chance somethings gone wrong with your game somewhere down the line and giving you issues. But certainty something isnt right, as you said Witcher and Skyrim are working fine for you. Im guessing somethings happening to your game. You havent got many mods so i cant see that being the issue as its pretty much vanilla. Id recommend doing a fresh install again and then try the enb on a fresh install with no mods just nvse, 4gb patch + nvac + Stutter remover.

Edited by vulpediablos