Multimark broke the mark spell

PierreBeauregard

I took a long break from morrowind for several months. When I came back to the game, I decided to clean out my plugins directory and leave in just a bare minimum of official plugins (bitter coast sounds, entertainers, master index, firemoth, helm of tohan), and a very small number of 3rd party plugins (book rotate, your balmora residence, legion shirt, carry more mod, weapon weilding mannequins), and a personal mod I made, a head replacement set based on Rhedd's heads.

I ran into some difficulty however. I removed the "sound enhancements plugin", and soon discovered I had to use a dos program to unpack the sound files from the data1.can off the Morrowind/Bloodmoon/Tribunal CD's. No biggy, since I know my way around DOS.

So all seemed to go well. I have much fewer crashes, and everything seemed back to normal.

That is until I used a mark spell. Whenever I cast it, it displays the message "telportation not allowed at this location"--at any location. Originally I had installed the famous MultiMark plugin since I was sick of walking everywhere. I decided to get rid of it, because I felt like it was too much akin to "cheating"--there was almost no need of intermediate travel, and I ended up going to the same stores. Using a "weight change" plugin seemed less drastic and dangerous to my morrowind installation, and amounted to fixing the original problem which was going from loot to pawn shop.

Apparently the multimark mod disables your mark/recall spell and activates its own dialog script which allows you to select your destination. So by deleting the plugin and resaving my game, I removed the script, but for some damn reason my mark/recall spells are now permantly disabled.

I ran TESPCD to see if there were any conflicts. Removing "unclean" didn't seem to fix the problem.

Any suggestions as to how to fix this problem (besides starting a new game and re-installing multi-mark)?

:rip: Pierre Beauregard

Are you saying it's a problem with something being changed with morrowind? I thought mods didn't change the core installation (unless I'm mistaken... I've heard anything is possible)?

Or is has the save file been critically altered by mod? Are there any save-cleanup programs out there?

Probably the first... I haven't ever used this mod, so I might be wrong, but it probably changed some file that mods aren't supposed to edit. Have you tried it with other characters? Does it still give you the same problem if you use a completely different character?

...Just go into the console and run the following command:

EnableTeleportation

...If that doesn't work, install a newer version of the plugin and attempt to uninstall it again, or else check the global scripts in your active mods for the DisableTeleportation command. It isn't likely that MultiMark changed any critical files, since, IIRC, it only includes a readme and a pack of hexedited ESPs. The problem likely isn't even the fault of MultiMark, but rather a poorly written script.

I typed "EnableTeleportation" into the console, but it didn't recognize the command. "Enable Teleportation" (with a space) didn't return an error, but didn't seem to do anything (I still get "teleportation magic does not work here"). Is there another parameter that needs to be entered?

By the way, out of curiosity I did a google search for "morrowind console" commands, and got bombarded with :spam: . Is there a tutorial about the console that's not embedded in a page full of spyware?

See, the reason why I'm hesitating re-installing morrowind is that this seems to be a problem with the settings in the *save file*. If this means the death of my character, *sigh*, so be it.

I wish that mod author could have posted a warning.

EDIT: I tried using a save file from an older character like you said, and recall worked. So yeah, it's a problem with my current character's save file, not morrowind itself.

EDIT PART 2: I did a search using the contrusction set and found this script:

begin enable_teleport

EnableTeleporting

end

Something tells me that might fix my problem. I'll post a reply when I do. Then you may lock this thread at your convenience :D

Archived