Extremely simple pacifist mod ideas

NobodySignificant

I disagree regarding Yield 2.0. NPCs do yield frequently and pseudo-reastically enough, plus they stay neutral indefinitely. How about the older yield mod(s) Yield 2.0 was based on? Enemies don't count how many teammates they have left and decide to yield on their own.

Combat Surrender makes enemies actually flee seconds after they yield and you don't interact with them; sometimes almost immediately. And they technically stay neutral but they will say mean things to you. :3

Are you trying NPC Knockout Overhaul and several yield mods together? That would cause conflicts or at least cause one another to work as intended.

I'd no idea about a looking-for-mods thread. xD Or I just forgot 'cause it's not very visible and I'm not very active.

Honestly, I think I can make the 'make neutral' spell you want. Unfortunately I've got my hands full and I can't see myself being able to pursue a new (albeit small) mod in the near future. Meanwhile, maybe my Silver Tongue mod can provide some workarounds/options for you. *shrug*

There's a simple resurrect spell mod that's animated and everything, though it doesn't render enemies neutral. You may just want to use a 'make neutral' (which apparently doesn't exist yet) for that. Personally, resurrect spells aren't very lore-friendly though some mods do put effort into making the spell immersive. My own idea is a Revive ability which will work only on NPCs who have not been dead for too long and will render them neutral/friendly afterwards. Thing is, such a mod is beyond my skill, especially since the GetTimeDead condition in the Creation Kit does not work, if I remember correctly.

When all else fails, you should try your hand at making your own mods. :) Making spells/abilities can be really easy, and you can easily duplicate existing spells and magic effects and make your own spells/abilities from them. OR you can just wait until someone picks up your ideas. :3

Cheers~

You may just want to use a 'make neutral' (which apparently doesn't exist yet) for that.

This was precisely what i was looking for but it just doesn't exist.

There is no reason why yielded or resurrected enemies wouldn't be made neutral and that's my biggest gripe with the whole thing. :c

I just want something that would make it possible to solve dungeons without the NPCs being dead or possibly hostile at the end.

And yeah i know that it would be really easy to make a spell, especially if it's just a preexisting command, but i really have absolutely no idea where to even start with this :\

Your Silver Tongue mod seems really cool but unfortunately the effects once again are time limited and not permanent :I

Can you tell me where to even start when trying to make a spell like the one i want?

Alternatively i'll just have to wait until someone actually makes that tiny mod. :dry:

Do you have the CK and know how to load it up? Googling about it is probably the idea but I can try to help you get started. :3

This is what I do:

1. Run the Creation Kit as an administrator.

2. Click the Open buttom at the top-left corner.

3. Double-click Skyrim.esm and Update.esm. You can include the other DLC .esm's if you are going to use assets from those DLCs.

4. Click OK.

5. Wait for the Creation Kit to load. A number of errors will likely show up; simply click 'Yes to all' to all the errors.

6. Once loaded, you will see the Object Window (left), Render Window (right), and the Cell View (bottom-right). For spells, you can simply ignore the Render Window and the Cell View.

7. In the Object Window, go to the Magic section where you will find Magic Effects and Spells. (Check out the CK wiki for Spells and Magic Effects.)

8. Use the Filter (top part of the Object Window) to find which effects/spells you are looking for. Spells usually carry the same name as their in-game counterparts (e.g. 'GrandHealing' for 'Grand Healing'; *The filter is not case-sensitive). Magic Effects are named more technically so...

9. Open up a spell (by double-clicking or right-clicking then clicking Edit). In the Spell Window, you will find the (list of) Magic Effects used in the Spell. Double-click a listed Magic Effect to see the its record name (e.g. RestoreHealthFFSelfArea). *Technically, you create a Spell by creating a Magic Effect first, then you add the Magic Effect to the Spell. *If you're just checking out a spell (or any other record), click Cancel afterwards so that changes you may have unintentionally made will not be saved. If you want to copy the spell, right-click on its record in the Object Window and click Duplicate then open your duplicate record. After you're done editing and renaming your new record, just click 'OK' to save it. When rename a record, CK will 'ask' you if you're sure you're changing the name of that record or if you want it to save it as a different record. Then it will show you if that record is used/referenced by something else.

Now what you'd probably want to look for is the Calm spell and its magic effect(s).

*Calm spells involve a script - which you will have to understand to accomplish what you want for your mod. Do not worry though about learning the entire Papyrus if you don't want to.

*The script used involves adding the target to a player-friendly faction when the effect starts and removing them when the effect ends (usually after a 60-second duration).

1. Duplicate a Calm magic effect. The script can be found at the lower-right box.

2. Right-click the script then click 'Open in External Editor'. Copy the contents of the script except for the name part.

3. Remove the script from your magic effect then add a new one. Name it appropriately then click 'OK'.

4. Paste the contents of the previous script. Removing the OnEffectFinish part to the consequent EndEvent should have the target permanently to the faction selected. *Adding a full duration to the spell should no longer be necessary.

5. Compile (save) the script then close it once done.

6. Double-clicking the script will show you its Properties. Here, you can change and add properties.

7. Preferably you will have to make your own Faction (under the Character section in the Object Window) to avoid possible unintended interactions or conflicts from happening. (At least I believe this is safer.) I think you can simply duplicate the faction used by the Calm effect script and rename it. (Check out the CK wiki for Faction.)

8. Change the Faction property in your new Script to your new faction. Click 'OK'.

9. Click 'OK' on your Magic Effect.

10. Go to Spell and duplicate the Calm spell. Remove its magic effect(s) then add your new magic effect. Rename your new spell and click 'OK'.

That's it for now. I've written more than I can properly write, lol, and this is probably too much information already. I also probably missed something or made a mistake. :3

Anyway, I've half a mind to include such an ability in my Silver Tongue mod, with the success conditions being the Persuasion perk and/or the Speech skill level, and maybe also the NPC's health percentage you mentioned. Can't say when I can manage to do this though. :3

Couldn't figure out how to edit the scripts. That was the problem.

I'll look at your guide later.

However if you'd include such a spell in your silver tongue mod >.>

That would be really awesome and i'll be waiting patiently for it.

The idea is:

If an actor is dead or fleeing, or fleeing in the fight or fly way, or below like 10% health, pacify them.

I'll look at the guide later and see if i can do it myself.

Thanks either way :3