Looking for Mod Manager 5 testers

Mgamerz

I will probably do a dual menu and bring back the mod utils menu. I am not liking it missing, it is harder to discover. I only removed it as it will take some reworking to make it so the menu works for both as jmenu items can't be in two places at once.

I am not sure I understand your toc question. Post install always will autotoc the game. If you modify your files, it will update the game files tocs. Being honest you shouldn't need to ship mod manager mods with toc files anymore, but I do anyways since users occasionally manually install stuff. Make sure to run autotoc on mod before you distribute your mod so the to file is correct.

Are you talking about modifying your files, like adding new ones or removing? Autotoc should still work. I am not sure if mod install will without a reload as it copies per file rather than the entire folder (so it has to inventory which is done at load time).

If you are talking about not-dlc mods, it will require a mod reload from the actions menu as your moddesc has been modified and needs to be reloaded.

Edited by Mgamerz

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mixin caching is busted in Beta 3. Trying to figure out why decompressing using the same code is causing different file sizes to be output.

Edit: It is because I directly was decompressing the pcc, rather than leaving the header intact and decompressing the rest. Fixed in next beta.

I will be remaking the SP Controller Support installation video as it is out of date and actually contains the wrong install order (with the new ALOT installer)

Edited by Mgamerz

I am releasing Mod Manager 4.5.5 in the interim. I am backporting the modmaker compiler fix and backporting the sortable help menu which will let me place more items in specific locations from my server.

I ran into these two bugs today:
PCC failed to verify: BioD_CitCas.pcc error when creating comp file for CEM Lite & SP control mod - https://pastebin.com/aduN779E

PCC failed to verify: BioD_CitHub_DLC.pcc when creating comp file for EGM & SP control mod - https://pastebin.com/bzFYFKVQ

To answer your question: "Are you talking about modifying your files, like adding new ones or removing? Autotoc should still work. I am not sure if mod install will without a reload as it copies per file rather than the entire folder (so it has to inventory which is done at load time)."

I'm referring to either case of adding or removing files while testing. Yes I agree it's the burden of the mod developer to remember to Toc files before release. I was suggesting moving the process because it's more convenient while developing Toc it on the source side first before applying it. It saves a few extra fumbling steps (while also acting as an extra preventive step for accidentally releasing files not properly compiled).

Batch mod install cancellation - When you start a batch install and attempt to cancel out, the process(es) continue regardless. You have to cancel them one at a time. After 30 secs to a minute, the AutoTOC dialog reappears to update the Basegame and DLC files (continuing to install mods). I let it run for a good half hour before finally shutting it down in Task Manager. Mind you I'm installing 30 odd files at a time. You still should be able to duplicate this with a smaller sample of size of say 10. Not sure that this qualifies as a bug without knowing what the design intention is here.

Edited by Shadohz

Batch Mod Installation - Good point, there is no way to cancel. I will try to find a way to allow it to be canceled.

AutoTOC: Still not sure what you mean. In the newest beta I am working on (Beta 7) I have added a Compress mod for deployment option. It autotoc's the mod (localmod mode) and then stages it and then compresses it. Mod Manager 5 has removed the option to TOC the game on install, it simply will now always. Now that I think about it, I should probably stage the mod and then run autotoc instead... I guess though that doesn't matter as everything in custom dlc folder's is added to the TOC and localmod mode will only update TOC entries with the files specified by moddesc.ini for official headers. So I guess it doesn't really matter either way.

That BioD_CitCas.pcc file should not need injection - I had it blacklisted because there are no UI files in it to fix, and it will actually bust the game with CEM (It is supposed to simply promote the second tier file and leave it be). I will have to look into why it is not doing that.

That BioD_CitHub_DLC seems to be an issue in the MEM code for loading names, it is attempting to load a nametable in some data section instead. Trying to debug it and figure out why. Edit: Apparently attempting to decompress an already decompressed PCC using ME3Explorer code busts the name table offset. Wasn't MEM after all, MEM was just choking on ME3Explorer output. I have made it just copy the file instead. This also fixes the BioD_CitCas.pcc issue, but it shouldn't have even attempted BioD_CitCas transplant...

Thanks for the logs, nice and easy to read.

Edited by Mgamerz

Added Beta 7.

Todo: Batch mod installation cancellation.

Things to consider testing:

Find windows that don't show in aero peek. Things that are dialogs (small windows typically) should not appear in aero peek.

Every time I attached a compatiblity mod (regardless of which custom mods it's created for) I get an error during the start up of the game: The following DLC does not run in English. Please download and install the English version.

I'm using Beta 8 currently.

Bug 2: When using "compress mod for deployment", I get an error: "Windows cannot find 'a'. Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again" (By the way you don't need a comma after "and" in that error dialog).

Edited by Shadohz