Alternate Supermutant Face Texture

The face textures for supermutants will not change.

After bringing up the supermutant textures in photoshop and changing the hue (to make them blue), and saving and bringing the new textures into the fallout 4 data/textures/actors/supermutant folder, all but the face textures load into the game. Any ideas to fix this?

Screenshots:

http://imgur.com/saMoDb3

http://imgur.com/9nwayix

Edited by knorton01

I did try playing around the ck for a while, with the "Is CharGen Face Preset", but without any luck. I don't know how I would go about regenerating anything.

Also, it's interesting that the new textures rendered in the ck, but still not in the game.

From this; select them in the object window, then hit Ctrl+F4. You can then find the textures in "Data\Textures\Actors\Character\FaceCustomization\PluginName\FormID", and the meshes in "Data\Meshes\Actors\Character\FaceGenData\FaceGeom\PluginName\FormID".

From this; select them in the object window, then hit Ctrl+F4. You can then find the textures in "Data\Textures\Actors\Character\FaceCustomization\PluginName\FormID", and the meshes in "Data\Meshes\Actors\Character\FaceGenData\FaceGeom\PluginName\FormID".

No, they don't appear at all. There's a message that they exported, but then the files don't appear in the main data folder.

I think I'll perhaps stick a pin in this for now.

Edited by knorton01

That's odd, I had tried it on Strong and it worked. Yup, just tried it again and it worked. What DDS format are your face textures using? Fallout 4 seems to require DTX5 for diffuse face textures. It's what other people seem to be using, and the only thing I got to work when I was making a custom face texture. BC5 is fine for the normal and specular maps.