0xc000007b Error on my Fallout New Vegas

Filip4000

I've installed New Vegas today and when i started the game i got this error http://imgur.com/a/quFyj. I've tried a number of fixes and none have worked.

I've downloaded all the vcredist versions, i checked dependency walker for x86 dlls and nothing, updated my windows, I'm on windows 10 btw, i've installed aio and still have this very annoying issue. If anyone has a possible solution it'll be a huge help, Thanks in advance :(

To expand on that reply a bit: There are a number of possible reasons for that error. Some common ones are listed on the TomsHardware site.

But Win10 users have often been bitten by the overlooked fact that this game is now 7 years old. Win10 has DirectX12 drivers which are backwards compatible with DirectX9, but the DX9 driver version file the game is expecting is not being found. This is my first suspect when a Win10 user reports similar issues only with older games. Please see the 'Issue: Vanilla game Hangs on startup' section in the wiki "Fallout NV Mod Conflict Troubleshooting" guide.

-Dubious-

To expand on that reply a bit: There are a number of possible reasons for that error. Some common ones are listed on the TomsHardware site.

But Win10 users have often been bitten by the overlooked fact that this game is now 7 years old. Win10 has DirectX12 drivers which are backwards compatible with DirectX9, but the DX9 driver version file the game is expecting is not being found. This is my first suspect when a Win10 user reports similar issues only with older games. Please see the 'Issue: Vanilla game Hangs on startup' section in the wiki "Fallout NV Mod Conflict Troubleshooting" guide.

-Dubious-

Thanks for the info but when i try to install directx 2010 package there's an internal error that won't allow me to install.

There are detailed steps listed in that linked section of "Troubleshooting". Did you download the "full install" version instead of the "web install" as cautioned?

Did you try to install using an "administrator" account?

What "internal error" did you get? Details matter. Please see the "Windows Error Messages" section of the wiki "How to read most Bethesda game error logs" article.

-Dubious-

I reinstalled windows and it worked so i couldn't find the problem plus this was faster and much less nerve racking, i hate the feeling when i think i found the fix and start the game it waits a little bit and i gain a little hope and then BAM the error hits me >:(