Fallout 4 mods not working

99Blackjack99

I have modded games from Bethesda before, and I use NMM, The game works with all my mods enabled, however like, 90% of them are broken or buggy. I edit the custom ini with:

[Archive]
bInvalidateOlderFiles=1
sResourceDataDirsFinal=
And all that does is cause my game to crash 5 seconds in out of the loading screen, even if I disable all mods and even dlc. I just don't know what to do, I've searched the web for literally over 3 hours trying everything people has said works, but to no avail.

Edited by 99Blackjack99

There are any number of things that could be going on.

First, verify your game cache through Steam. That'll make sure the vanilla files are good. Open Steam and go to your Library. Hover over Fallout 4 and right click. Choose Properties, then Local Files. Next, choose Verify integrity of game cache. Let that run. Start FO4 from Steam. You should get a message about detecting your hardware. After that's finished, close FO4 and then start as usual with NMM.

Next, start a new game and see if the problem persists. If it doesn't, then the problem is in your save. If it does, then the problem is your mod load order.

If the problem is your save, then you might try using a savegame cleaner such as http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/22633/? If that doesn't fix things, then your save is toast. Just give it up and start a new game. Be sure to save often and keep multiple saves for any given playthrough.

If the problem is your load order, then you'll have to start bug hunting. I once had the "crash on save" bug introduced to Skyrim by a mod which made a visual tweak. Disable your mods and start a new game. Slowly re-enable your mods until you find the culprit.

The thing is this happens on new games, like I skip the "war never changes" intro you just see a bit if the mist then hard crash. And it can't be the mod load order if there are no mods activated, however thanks for actually taking the time to try and help :)