Completely new to mods - Please help?

Ahrimanian

On another note back in line with my thread.

I've more or less spent the bulk of today looking into some mods to install next which are as follows.

Static Mesh Improvement - Skyrim HD 2K Textures - Realistic Water Two - Enhanced Lights And FX (And then the SMIM Meshes)- Ruins Clutter Improved - Climates Of Tamriel.

I have tried my best to read through as much as possible including some of the recommendations as suggested. (Some things required Bash Patches though such as the Complete Crafting Overhall and I haven't worked my way to installing and learning WyreBash yet :confused: - There are other things outside of my current capabilities that caught my interest as well such as all these things related to ENB which I struggled to understand.)

I'm pretty worn out to say the least so to anyone reading this I'm sorry for that. I would like to just get some clarification that I'm doing things correctly.

The mods listed above I have written in that order because it seems they should be installed in that order based on what I have read.

For example I found a comment under the posts for RCI from the creator on the 13th / 26th Dec that stated the instructions on the SMIM were outdated and the order (Including ELFX) should be as followed:

"Here you go:

1. SMIM
2. ELFX
3. RCI"

"The discription on the SMIM modpage regarding RCI is outdated. Follow my instructions until the next SMIM update."

However a user by the name Jfletcher2 asked a question from May this year: "There has been an update, not to the file, but to the SMIM page. Does that mean we go back to the original order? Or still the order you suggested?"

This has left me feeling a little confused after what I've done today and left me a little unsure how to do things as to which mod instructions I should follow.

I also read and viewed that COT is compatible with ELFX which I also viewed in an episode of Mod Sanctuary by Gopher. The only advice I could find was that because of the range that COT possesses some weather effects from ELFX might not be seen and another bit of advice I found in posts was to keep ELFX for interiors and COT for Exteriors.

In relation to the water texture mod - RW2 - I did see under it's comparability that it should over write everything including any HD texture Mod such as Skyrim HD. Meaning it's best to install it third in the above list but the plugins must go after anything that changes cells near water so should be loaded near the end.

Am I getting the right idea more or less and is this correct?

I hope to proceed with my modding experience sometime tomorrow but not tonight as it's now getting late and I need to eat amongst other things :pinch:

I am getting such an overload now that I'm trying to figure out mods as I browse. There are so many tools and in all honesty it's leaving me completely stumped. It's like a chain that doesn't end which I was afraid of, e.g A mod requires a certain tool to do a required thing. But to do said action you need stated fix and or script from this mod / program. Oh but don't forget you also need this to let that work etc etc

I can easily see how peoples lists become so huge or people shy away from this. I genuinely feel freaking useless right now.

Trying to figure out what things are outdated or redundant by incorporation is another headache seeing I'm joining the scene so late and a lot of stuff is dated.

I would suggest you keep your modding easy and light until you are more comfortable with the process. You have the Unofficial Patches. I would install skse as well and then skyIU. Be mindful not to tax your PC. The more mods you have, the more resources your pc will pull. I believe Gopher also have some other modding UTube guides you may want to watch.

It's not so much about comfort but more so trying to understand things and some essential technicalities with impaired concentration etc, because of my current situation which is personal. Let's just say it's rare when I'm actually able to do something and this modding stuff has been the first thing in months to actually get my attention + some actual enjoyment to an extent.

Sorry if I sound annoyed or anything, I'm just feeling pretty defeated at the moment.

Current tasks involve the installation and setup of "Essential" Tools / Utilities that act as a base for potential mods.

Stuck in regards to ENB and ENBoost (See comment below, originally written under the comments for the -latest?- ENBoost which is 6.0 located here:http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/73618/?tab=4&&navtag=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nexusmods.com%2Fskyrim%2Fajax%2Fcomments%2F%3Fmod_id%3D73618%26page%3D1%26sort%3DDESC%26pid%3D0%26thread_id%3D3815010&pUp=1.)

Can someone help me install Enboost please so I can have it prepared for things in the future? I'm new to modding and I'm currently working through getting the essential tools such as this, that act as base for numerous things I might want. I would like to have ENboost but to still have the power to start using an ENB in the future if it's something I would like.

I have been looking at things in pieces up to this day and I've honestly spent the most of today just trying to learn / understand ENB but I'm completely stuck because of contradicting comments on pages etc (Such as Sheson Memory patch in relation to 1.7.3 SKSE and setting up SKSE.ini) and all the different sources for what is actually needed.

I did make a post on the skyrim mod talk forums but it's not really gone anywhere, same for the main thread I made and use for the bulk of my "Journey" learning modding. Heard a lot of good stuff about the community that's been built up but frankly I currently don't feel welcome at all and that I'm wasting time asking questions.

What MO do I use?
Latest of NMM

What is currently downloaded / installed?
Latest versions of the following:

Tools / utilities: SKSE, SUM, SKYUI, TES5EDIT, CREATION KIT, WYREBASH, LOOT.

Patches: USLEEP and Hi - RES.

Mods: A Quality World Map, SMIM, Skyrim HD 2k.

What are the other Tools / Utilities I might need and wish to download?

DyndoLOD, FNIS, XP32 Maxium Skeleton, Skyrim Performance Plus.

There are fixes that I have my eye on or even must have as well for potential mods.

In terms of ENB and ENBOOST I have been using 16 (Maybe more) reputable sources of information. I understand this is a big thing to do for Skyrim but for me personally it's hard to understand at the moment.
From which I have discovered about CPU parking and Timer Resolution which prompted me to download windows timer tool and the CPU parking that is under Project Stability.