SkylightUI (SkyUI) interface for Skyrim SE

scramjetbooster

• 2 weeks later...

Why not just download the official alpha?

I cannot speak for others ... but as far as i'm concerned ...

1. SkyUI SE is reliant on a third party program ... SKSE64, it is in alpha state, full of bugs, glitches, CTD, it's development 'state' is following SKSE64's development ... and in its current state it cannot be safely uninstalled ... if either of the two dev teams, that are 'working' on this ... abandon their projects ... the users will be burned. And i find this to be a very likely scenario ... since neither of the 2 dev teams ... show the commitment they had in the past.

2. There are a number a mods today, including Frostfall that have been re-worked so they give 100% functionality and compatibility with SSE ... without the use of 3rd party assets, like SKSE64 ... those mods will not work correctly with SkyUI SE ... and i doubt that those modders will make them compatible again (i wouldn't in their shoes).

3. I want a stable and bug free SSE experience, i had maximum 5 CTD in SSE in 500+ of gameplay, not even one related with the interface mod that i'm using... Even when / if SKSE64 is getting release in a stable version ... i will need a powerful incentive to use it ... a mod that i want badly enough ... and there is no other workaround SKSE64 ... now i don't have any such mod ... that will make trade stability ... for a little extra functionality.

4. SkylightUI is more than enough for the purposes of an Interface ... the only thing that it misses is the Search Function, which i never used, because i don't need it ... and the Custom Outfits ... which were always bugged even in Oldrim SkyUI 5.xx ... i always ended up with some broken outfits not equipping certain armors or jewelries. That's in fact very little extra-features ... to be forced to use SKSE64 ... As for the MCM ... i know enough about hoiw SkyUI / SKSE works ... to understand .., that MCM don't have to be integrated in the SkyUI ... they could had made it an separate mod, if they wished. Most of the mods i'm using ... can be customized in game ... with spells / power / shots ... or books with message boxes ... they deliver the same customization ... but imo ... in a much more immersive way than MCM.

5. I have a lot of respect for the guys that developed and made SkylighUI, without taking any credit whatsoever ... while the official SkyUI team, didn't even gave a crap about the SSE users ... for a year ... when they could easily make a non-SKSE version, as a sign of respect for the SSE users, and the 600.000 endorsements they got with their mod. When i ask them if they plan to make for themselves a OFFICIAL non-SKSE64 version of SkyUI ... not only that they didn't had the decency and the basic respect to respond ... but they deleted my comment. Yep ... they didn't even test their mod before releasing it ... this is not even alpha ... i saw and tested alphas ... this is not alpha ... it's like they copy / paste it on SSE ... with no second thought. IMO ... Nexus should have filers against releasing 'mods' in this ridiculous state ... even a separate section, for alphas, betas, wips, etc ... with Endorse and Vote features disable ... until the mod is its stable state and functionality. A little more respect for the mod users ... as well ... don't take them for granted.

• 3 years later...