RaceMenu issues. Help needed

Appletoast

The mod page shows different hair styles than what you have. Just for comparison purposes, use a style that is also used in the mod page pics to see what is off. I am old and I am having trouble getting past the differing hair styles when comparing them.

http://imgur.com/a/2r0jM

It certainly bears a resemblance when looking at it from the front but it still doesn't look like it should. The side as well still looks off and completely different. And this is really my issue. No matter what I do..every preset just looks cartoonish and out of place, when it should (in theory) look good.

Edited by Appletoast

It looks to me that your head mesh is off just a bit but I am not an expert by any stretch of the imagination. Does the mod author have any other presets or discuss head meshes anywhere? Does your character look any different after leaving RaceMenu? Like perhaps it is a bad base script or something (straws are getting thin here but I am grasping anyway)?

It looks to me that your head mesh is off just a bit but I am not an expert by any stretch of the imagination. Does the mod author have any other presets or discuss head meshes anywhere? Does your character look any different after leaving RaceMenu? Like perhaps it is a bad base script or something (straws are getting thin here but I am grasping anyway)?

No, doesn't say anything about head meshes. Then again, like I said, I have this issue with EVERY preset I try,

Character still looks s#*! when going out of racemenu.

Maybe one of these will make things look proper.

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/58989/?

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/7127/?

Other than this, I am baffled.

CITRUS doesn't make a different and RAN's meshes actually make it look worse.

I'm baffled as well, believe me. I've been trying to get this to work for 3 days now. Thinking about just calling it a day and forgetting about my Skyrim playthrough. This isn't worth all the frustration.

Edited by Appletoast

• 6 months later...

Sorry for the post resurrection but I am having the same exact issue and I just can't find a cure. For some reason, everyone on the nexus can install a preset and get it to work perfectly - but whenever I do it, it's all messed up. I load the preset, then the sculpter preset. This alleviates most problems but the face is still horrid from side view.

Frontal view looks good enough but the side view shows the nose, lips, etc. all smushed in. Using every mod recommended for the preset, installed everything, HD head meshes... doesn't do a thing to replicate the pictures.

At this point I think RaceMenu is just inherently broken and everyone else is using some patched, hacked version combined with ECE to get it working. There is literally no reason I should be getting these problems unless the presets I'm using are coincidentally broken.

• 3 years later...