Non-Flying Dragons

accountholder

As many of you know, dragons are one of the greatest nuisances in TESV V due to their excess flying and fleeing nature.

It just hit me, how great an idea it would be to remove flying AI from dragons.

This would make fighting them a hell lot easier and perhaps even more fun.

The idea is to remove all Flying AI. However, to keep immersion I would suggest (if possible) that dragons enter the world space flying. Then remain on the ground for the remainder of the attack.

Personally, I have no mod creating experience so if anyone would like to take up on this concept, Let me know!

• 2 weeks later...

Skeletal Dragon in Labyrinthian and Vulthuryol in Blackreach are not bad examples to build on.

Here's what I picked up by a quick look at CK:

Skeletal Dragon's "no-flying" limitation is made possible by adding a spell/active effect to its Spell List of Actor window. The spell's Editor ID is AbNoFlightMG07Dragon, which functions akin to "passive" Dragonrend Shout.

Vulthuryol is affected by a different spell, named AbNoFlight as Editor ID. With the exception of the spell being assigned to a Package, and NOT actor.

I've yet to dig much into Papyrus scripting, but perhaps one could make a script that is put directly to the base dragon (Actor) to add the spell AbNoFlightMG07dragon or AbNoFlight to said dragon whenever it enters combat state.

• 2 weeks later...