DOUBLE TROUBLE! Perks disappearing, game not working.

Meatbarrier

So! Two issues. The first is with my own game, the second is with a friends not wanting to cooperate and work, even though her machine is more than capable of running it.

Firstly, when I hit level 40, I took the New Era perk, and redid my character, thinking cool, time to redo him with a FCO skin. Problem was, after I did this, I lost all my perk bonuses, including companion, and ones gained from previous levels. So, I reloaded the save, and went back to do doing what I was doing, and decided against it at this level once more, instead taking hand-loading. I then went searching, and found the Liberty Loft in Freeside, as it came with an auto-doc that let me change my appearance, figured this might be a way around my problem of losing the perks. I was mistaken. Now, I have trudged on since, with my lack of perks, including many that boosted my special, so I am now back to essentially a starting character, with a lot of skills. Just wondering if anyone knows how to reset the perks, or make them work again, or something, as I am down to 135 carry capacity, which barely covers my armour and guns, let alone any loot I find.

Secondly, my friend's computer is having trouble running the game with Project Nevada, and the Mod Configuration Menu. Attached is her mod list, plus the errors she is getting. We have tried redoing the C++ Visual Redistributable Package, as well as turning off the mods, and turning them on again, but nothing seems to be working. Just wondering if anyone else has encountered the same issues at all. Thanking you.

Thanks in advance for anyone who can help out with either issue!

First, your problem: Try "Fallout NV Cheat Terminal Redux" by gir489.

Second, your friend's problem: Sounds like an "install order" problem. (If you are not familiar with the term, please read the wiki "FNV General Mod Use Advice" article. To resolve, please see the wiki "HUD-UI-Menu issues" article.

If that does not solve it, please provide ALL the information requested in the wiki "How to ask for help" article.

We REALLY need to see your friend's sorted "load order" as produced by LOOT. With modded games, its the sequence, not merely the list of mods, which is the cause of many problems. Instructions are in the "How to ask for help" article, and "Checklist Item #11' entry in the wiki "Fallout NV Mod Conflict Troubleshooting" guide.

-Dubious-

Was hoping to not have to use a cheat console or the like to restore my perks. Is there any other way of restoring them without having to resort to such a thing? The perks are still all in my characters perk list, it's just none seem to be actually working.

And I will get my friend to get a copy of their load order, and see if that can help with the problem at all.

Thanks.

Your "lost perks" are not typically considered a bug. When you recast your character, it is usually reset to level 1. Some perks require specific levels or experience before you can choose them. I don't recognize the "New Era Perk". It's not in the list of vanilla game perks, so it is probably from a mod. Check back with the author.

You are trying to circumvent the normal game behavior, on the basis that you have already satisfied those requirements. The cheat console enables that. (Because it works "in-game", it won't affect your "steam achievements" like using the console would.) If nothing else it will let you determine what your recast specs are in that regard. But it's your choice to opt to not use it.

Then I suggest you go back to the save before you rebuilt your character and use "Complete Respec" by PushTheWinButton.

-Dubious-

Aah, thanks for that. Might just have to look into restarting again then with my character, as I was finding mods as I was going along that I wanted to use. Narrowed the field down now. As they were from the "More Perks" mod, the cheat console can't restore a lot of them.

But thank you for the help anyway, still need to get the LOOT load order from my friend, used it myself, and it clean up a few files. Thanks for the suggestion. As you can tell by my account, I have never truly been active on the forums here, and its the same with other games.

Thanks for your help!