Manufacturing issues, finished product ends up on the floor

blackhand8657

Ok, I think this issue has been brought up before, but I dont remember where I found it. As much as I like the manufacturing concept on here (funny, because I work in production), I actually avoid building a plant because of the fact that any time I've started a product run, usually ammo, if I leave the settlement and come back, the ammo or whatever is being produced ends up in a pile on the floor between the builder and the conveyor/storage. If I stay in the settlement, it's fine but I should be able to leave the settlement and come back and not find a mess, but its like the conveyors dont work right when you're away or something. Has anyone made a fix for this or anything because this is one of those things that makes me reluctant to build an awesome plant

First time I heard of it. But you could always design a plant to where you turn off power to just the manufacturing machines and make sure all the items are dropped off to where they need to go before u leave the settlement.

yea, thats what I used to do at first. made sanctuary my production settlement, and would just hang around that settlement, building/upgrading defenses or whatever while its producing. this only seems to be a problem if i leave the machines running while away from that settlement, like if another settlement is under attack, its like the game 'forgets' there are conveyor belts or something when you're away. As far as power goes, I always had them connected to a switch so I can turn them on/off

Edited by blackhand8657

Do they drop on the floor or just are on the floor when you get there?

Random idea, do the conveyor belts load before the items? Like running to the settlement and the game loads the items but not the belts.

You could try to change the settings to item distances.

yea, when i get to the settlement, the items are just piled on the floor under the machines. i've never tried to see what the game loads first. thing is, sometimes when i get there, all the items are in the conveyor storage like they should be, other times they're in the pile on the floor. its weird. i dunno, maybe it'd be best to build these machines in a interior cell. i might test that and see how it goes