• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

minigo

minigo

Journeyman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

I've been looking all over for a solution on this. Is there a script that triggers or makes a journal entry, when placing an item in a chest for example (or in the case of my module a sarcofagus)?

I think I've seen this in modules I've played over the years, but maybe that was in NWN1.

To clarify: What I want to achieve is that when the PC has obtained a certain object (a knife in this case) and places that object in the sarcofagus a journal entry is made.

Is there an easy way to do this?

Thanks for your time!

Edited by minigo, 19 September 2017 - 08:23 AM.

minigo

minigo

Journeyman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

I managed to solve it another way. I made the PC talk to the sarcofagus and through the conversation I dropped the item there and advanced the quest.

This way is not what I would have prefered, but the important thing is that it works.

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 121 posts
It's been a while, but I think there's an OnInventoryDisturbed trigger slot, or something like that, that is fired each time the contents of the item is changed. Just check that the item newly added in the sarcophagus is the knife, and if yes add the journal entry.

minigo

minigo

Journeyman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

OK. I'll check it out when I get home from work tonight.

rjshae

rjshae

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 224 posts

Another method could be to use a custom unacquire script for the knife, using tag-based or separate item scripts.

IPB skins by Skinbox
Page loaded in: 0.971 seconds