So I a trying to upload a height map into the GECK. I followed everything, 16 bit, 1024 x 1024, .RAW format but the GECK crashes every time I try to import it. Its a big map, almost 40 km. Is the size the problem? I really can not go smaller and its really bugging me that I can't get it to work. I have a height map already but I got a better one to use but for whatever reason it doesn't want to work.

There is a limit to the size of your mod file. "A worldspace will take 10 to 12 megs just for the heightmap and landscape, not including navmesh and texturing. If you go over the 16 meg limit and add an object, you brick your mod. The GECK will give you no errors at all when it saves your mod, but when you try to load it again, it will lock up the GECK. That means you can't use the GECK to fix it. Hope you have a backup of your mod from earlier somewhere, because that's the only way out of it."

Please see the "Worldspaces" and "Worldspace Creation" sections of the wiki "Getting started creating mods using GECK" article. 'Some folks use things like "geological survey data" to generate their heightmaps. See the last couple of threads in the list of tutorials below or poke around on the net.'

Someone (madmongo?) with experience will have to let you know if you can replace the existing heightmap with another.

-Dubious-

I got a height map from geological survey data to make the terrain and I want to import it into the GECK, that's what was used previously but its not working. I can't overwrite an existing one i loaded?