Fallout 4 Weapon Tweak HELP!

BraxtonPayne

Hey guys, I've never used this forum before, so I hope I'm doing everything right.

Basically, I'm trying to change the ammo type for a custom weapon mod, the AK74M (https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/21466/?) to fit the 7.62mm rounds that came with the Nukaworld dlc.

I tried it in creation kit and Fo4edit, but I must be doing something wrong cause nothing is working.

If anyone has any information or maybe a quick tutorial on how I can change the ammo type for a custom weapon mod in fallout 4, I would greatly appreciate it!

BTW- I've already gone in creation kit and changed the ammo type, capacity, etc. but nothing is working... Am I making a mistake somewhere? Do I need to save it separately?

I'm lost!!! :sad:

1st. make sure that you add the DLCNukaWorld.esm (assuming it is not a required master file by the mod already) as a master file to the mod (which you probably did since you would not see the ammo type without it)

2nd. you need to add 2 settings to the base receiver, and all receiver upgrades. (in object modification)

so you want to add

PoAmmo - (Set) - (ammo7.62) <-- this changes the ammo type for the gun

PnNPCAmmoList - (Set) - (Ammo7.62) <-- this will allow enemies to use the new ammo type for the gun if it spawns on them. (is what i understand, or it could simply mean this ammo type will now spawn on them, either way its probably needed, if the gun uses leveled lists)

and that should work, since you want it as a base ammo type and not a ammo conversion. (which would be another upgrade)

Note: add the above to all receiver upgrades. else it might change back to default ammo, when you change the receiver, unless you created an ammo conversion upgrade.

it sounds likes you are trying to edit the gun itself, this wont work, you need to edit the receivers in object modification window

heres a step by step guide:

Changing ammo type for a gun:

1. open the creation kit - locate the mod you wish to edit - click on object modification

2. search for the gun (filter) - mod_(Gun name)_Receiver - double click on this

3. in the property modifiers window - right click (New)

==================

Property Modifier Data

==================

Target = PoAmmo

Op = Set

Form = Ammo7.62

Now you want to do the same as above, but this time:

Target = PnNPCAmmoList

Op = Set

Form = Ammo7.62

For Ammo Capactiy do the same as above but this time:

Target = IAmmoCapacity

Op = Set

Min = 100.0000

Max = 0.00000

Note: the very first number for Min before the full stop, will be the Maximum Ammo for the mag, leave max as 0 as it wont do anything, the above example, will change the ammo capacity to 100 rounds, every time. change as desired

Note: Click on Show to view content (in the spoiler will teach you how to change ammo type, as well as ammo capacity

Edited by Guest