Faun/Satyr Legs

NobodyNoseFernando

I don't mind that the legs have to be a bit more straight if it works better with the animations, but I do sort of agree with NightroModzz about the fur. It almost looks more like feathers to me. I would say a less fluffy-looking version might look better, if it's not too late or difficult to change it. Otherwise I think it looks great!!

I also don't mind if other people would like the mod as well. You could even publish it if you want. I'm sure there are others out there like me who have wanted a proper satyr race for a long time. I'm not sure if you would need the permission of the creator of Custom Races, but I imagine you could just list that as a required mod and upload it. In Mod Organizer (not sure about NMM, never used it) it would just have to load after Custom Races to 'overwrite' the woodelf race included in it.

That said, there's a lot of reasons a mod author may chose not to release their work. Permissions being one. In the mod community, it's polite to ask permission first if a mod isn't labeled as a resource, and it's polite to respect another modder's wishes, yes or no. Time and effort being another. I'd rather not go through every single piece of armor in the game and mold it to fit goat legs, thank you very much. I may consider releasing it as modders resource, though.

That's fair, too. :)

The fuzz looks a lot better on the new legs IMO. They look awesome!!

• 2 weeks later...

That said, there's a lot of reasons a mod author may chose not to release their work. Permissions being one. In the mod community, it's polite to ask permission first if a mod isn't labeled as a resource, and it's polite to respect another modder's wishes, yes or no. Time and effort being another. I'd rather not go through every single piece of armor in the game and mold it to fit goat legs, thank you very much. I may consider releasing it as modders resource, though.

Looks great except for the fur stopping below the waistline, which is just not my preference but it's up to your taste of course. It would definitely make more sense to release it at this point and I hope that you do; even if it's a modder's resource or race mod with no ability to wear armor, that'd be a whole lot better than nothing at all. I for one would happily play this race even if I couldn't wear armor with it.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...