Two Teenage Elven Sister help

Serina25

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Perfect. Best way is to go visit the shadowstones, then head into either Embershard or Riverwood Trader (to save in an interior space). A clean save is needed because it doesn't have any of the scripts in the beginning of the game messed with by mods. That intro sequence is the most heavily-scripted part of the game, and tinkering with it can have disastrous consequences. Hence, the clean save. Scripts have finished, you're free to move about the country. lol Mods you install after that point don't have to worry about messing up a script.

Quick question, a mod is requiring a clean save in order to update, what does this mean and how do I go about it? (assuming that would be different from the clean save you were talking about, but idk, maybe it is the same, if its the same then that is easy, if not then... idk)

Clean save = A save file made before any mods are installed, either through a mod manager, or manually. The save is typically made upon exiting the cave with Hadvar/Rodolf, or better, made inside the Riverwood Trader. Mods are then installed after this point.

New Save = A hard save (not a quick save or autosave) made inside an interior space (i.e., a store like Riverwood Trader). This is sometimes necessary to update a mod, which requires uninstalling the mod, making a new save, and then installing the updated version. This is done to stop scripts from running, and thus do a sort of soft-purge of the scripts from the save game (or at least, ensure that it's part of the save file that those particular scripts were stopped so they don't interfere).

As in all things, be sure to read the instructions on the mod page as some mods have different requirements for updating (some don't require a new save, for instance).

Hope this helps.

:)

I would make a separate thread for that. That I've seen happen a couple times with mods that change perception--usually vampire mods. I used to get it stuck every once in a while in superbright vampire vision. You could try using the ts command in the console--that toggles the sky. See if that helps.