Сastle and territory around it.

nepogoda

I'm Russian-speaking, in advance I'm sorry if the text is strange in places.

The Castle has many good mods, affecting its ruined walls, and transfer blueprints. However, there are practically no mods that affect the construction area.

I propose to make a mod that will expand the territory almost in two times, at the expense of land and lake near the castle walls. Move the border to multi-storey buildings in front of the Castle.

This way you can arrange two posts away from each entrance. And at the lake you can arrange a whole settlement on stilts.

It will not be superfluous to tidy up the "...IVANS" building , remove the spawn points of opponents and that clumsy house near the ship.

Because, seriously, it's very wasteful - do not master the territory at our own walls.

Edited by nepogoda

Well there is this repaired version that affects the building:

https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/27889/?

Ethreon's Castle Pieces to add castle pieces: https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/25362/?

But what I think you are really getting at is to increase the building area on the x, y, z axis right? Ie more space to build left to right, front to back, up and down? That's really easy, you just increase the build box in the Creation Kit.

I had thought about something similar after watching a Final Render youtube video. The little diner gets a makeover for the Minutemen troops to go to at lunch. Maybe fishing at the lake or swimming. Soldiers running laps around the lake getting physical training in. I had other thoughts but I forgot them as I was in another tab browsing YouTube.

Well there is this repaired version that affects the building:

https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/27889/?

Ethreon's Castle Pieces to add castle pieces: https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/25362/?

But what I think you are really getting at is to increase the building area on the x, y, z axis right? Ie more space to build left to right, front to back, up and down? That's really easy, you just increase the build box in the Creation Kit.

I had thought about something similar after watching a Final Render youtube video. The little diner gets a makeover for the Minutemen troops to go to at lunch. Maybe fishing at the lake or swimming. Soldiers running laps around the lake getting physical training in. I had other thoughts but I forgot them as I was in another tab browsing YouTube.

Modifications are good, but I still use "Castle Rebuilt" from "Stemathome".

You've got the gist. And yes, it's easy to do, but the result will not be the best. It is necessary not only to expand along the axes, but also draw new boundaries of construction and clean up unnecessary elements, such as spawn points and garbage. It is also very important not to remove the markers needed for the quests, and ideally: to transfer them to other points. For example, in the quest "Defend the Castle".
Edited by nepogoda

Cleaning garbage is doable, moving markers is doable, and so is increasing build area box.

2 Questions:

1) What do you mean by draw new boundaries? Do you mean make more land? Like raising land from the sea to be level with the raise? The Creation Kit has a tool to raise and lower land for something like that but I've never used it, just seen videos of it.

2) What would you consider is an unnecessary element other than garbage?

Cleaning garbage is doable, moving markers is doable, and so is increasing build area box.

2 Questions:

1) What do you mean by draw new boundaries? Do you mean make more land? Like raising land from the sea to be level with the raise? The Creation Kit has a tool to raise and lower land for something like that but I've never used it, just seen videos of it.

2) What would you consider is an unnecessary element other than garbage?

1) I mean a red-green wall signifying the boundaries of the settlement.

In some Creatoin Kit lessons, moders simply insert borders used in other settlements, but this rarely looks natural.

In other cases, they increase the vanilla boundaries, but the new territory of the Castle will certainly be of a different form than the pentagon.

2) I consider cars and puddles of fuel near "... IVANS". I tried to remove them using the Creation Kit, but they still stayed in the game. I think it should be connected with the quest "Old Guns".

Edited by nepogoda