A way to Create New Perk Trees, Not Modify Existing Ones

pyrotx

Many Modders have been wanting to make completely new skill trees without using or modifying existing ones. I have wanted to create a few but have been unable to. Does anyone know where to start? For example, where the script for the newer vampire or werewolf perk trees are. My first thought is if I can figure out what command changes the level menu and added those perk trees to the game, then maybe its possible to command the game to go to a different custom perk tree menu at will.

In other words is there some line of code that is along the lines of Game.OpenMenu(MyCustomPerkTreeMenu) or something like that. This would be a great place to start, and i have checked the papyrus scripting reference, but nothing.

Short of this, the fallback plan would be to simulate the menu. My way of doing this would be to create a new worldspace, set the skybox to sovengard or something, and place activators that look like stars or lights in a constellation pattern. To navigate i would enable flying camera or something similar, and disable player movement and crosshairs. After I would add some sound effects and limit the camera movement so you can't turn around 360 degrees if possible.

Maybe someone can find where the perk tree related scripts are located in the skyrim or dawnguard data folders. Or if not, is there anyone that could make a uitility for the rest of the modders to use?

I think no one knows where to start because there is no place to start. This is why no one ever started or finished such a mod. But I've subbed to this thread in case I turn out to be wrong.

Good luck with your project. It would be nice to have a proper, decent and additional new set of perk trees for skills which have been absent since Morrowind (such as Unarmed Combat), a Druid Class etc, without having a separate bunch of mods in a separate config just for those characters.

:smile: