mod i made doesn't appear

I think your save size will also be greatly dependant on the type of mods you use (e.g. the Better/Open cities could add a lot to a save game once you have visited them). The earliest saves from my second character were 1069 KB and 2 KB for the co-save but my first character's first save was only 669 KB (that first character had hardly any mods installed at game start and no OBSE). My current guy (third character) started out 1260 KB and 56 KB co-save (a bit bigger load list plus a lot more right from the start usage of things like Blockhead and other OBSE dependant stuff).

I wouldn't worry about your save size as long as you aren't seeing it balloon for no apparent reason. There is a tool in Wrye Bash to 'Remove Bloat' (Save tab right click menu) but in my version 305 WB it is marked as experimental ... haven't tried it myself.

My last -true- save game from several years back (Feb 2009), when I suddenly had to quit playing and never so far could take it up anymore, is 7.3 MB in size, 94 B the OBSE co-save and 8 KB for Pluggy, an OBSE plugin I since then disposed of again, at 388.01.11 playing time (whatever that means).

Since then I often started new games for play-testing my and others' mods. Those saves all started at 1 MB, completely virgin and with less than an hour playing time each, for what it's worth. I think your save game sizes are quite fine. It's just this old and dated game is terrible at memory and file size optimization. Did you know that when you save over an already existing game, or an autosave, not everything inside the file will be overwritten? You'll still have old remnants from game states of the past accumulate over time.

wouldn't it be nice if the game's engine could magically start using all our processors' cores?! it's a great game, despite the load screen hiccups. and it's funny...sometimes it runs quite smoothly, even on horse, and then other times i'll hang on a load screen for 3-4 seconds, which, ok, is not a super long time, but in modern gaming, that's an eternity! and it crashes so rarely now that i get lulled into forgetting to save. then along comes spriggan

Early problems with Blockhead resulted in problems saving while on horseback.

If you look at the save thumbnails from before I started using Blockhead you'll see my horse's head in most (I play in first person exclusively). The since resolved Blockhead problem got me into saving before hopping onto my horse, a habit that has persisted even since the Blockhead/horseback saving problem was resolved (so now most of my save thumbnails show the back end of my horse and two packdonkeys).

I know all of the places where I need to hop off my horse before a bandit/marauder/wolf etc attacks it, so the routine is stop, hop off the horse, tell the packdonkeys to wait, run ahead and check for bad guys, run back behind my horse and 'compose' the save thumbnail and save, then continue on my way.

Where I am forever running into problems is when off exploring the wilderness (the horse never goes off-roading, packdonkeys only rarely but for the most part the bad guys ignore the donkeys). Remembering to save is a hard thing to do when I'm not looking at my horse's a$$.

Edited by Striker879

• 2 years later...

hi can any one help me please i have a mod Milstone farm and lone wolf cottage in my mods folder i want to add a object from lone wolf to Milstone farm but i don,t seem to know how to do it CS is not picking up my mods any help please thank you

Answered in your other post.