Change character Height WITHOUT impacting damage(at least)

daleracer69

Any way to change the "BASE" value of the scale so it's cosmetic only? Seems this isn't talked about much since 2012 and a lot of people don't even know making your character bigger with player.setscale does in fact apply hidden stats.

"Melee damage

Getscalecommand
Getscale command on a Male Nord. Returns 1.00.
Using the console command player.setscale to change the height of the character will increase the size of a character in addition to increasing their movement speed, jump height, and damage output. Because changing the player scale in the console increases and decreases melee damage accordingly, there is a misconception that taller races do more base melee damage.[1] Without console modification, however, the default scale of all races in the console is 1.00, regardless of physical height.[2] Therefore, all races do the same melee damage at the time of character creation. For further explanation, see the screenshot displaying the actual player scale (1.00) used in calculations and the base scale. The base scale is a purely, completely cosmetic scale in which the character's height is adjusted accordingly. Orcs and High Elves have the highest cosmetic heights in the game, in term of playable races; Orcs have a cosmetic scale of 1.045, while High Elves stand at 1.08. Dremora are even taller at 1.10, however they are not playable. This means that an Orc has a cosmetic scale of 1.045, a High Elf has a cosmetic scale of 1.08, and a Dremora has a cosmetic scale of 1.10, but all use a scale of 1.00 for every single calculation including Damage Output, Damage Resistance, Run Speed, and Jump Height."
So, any way to do this?I presume racemenu mod of Oldrim wasn't doing this but some mods are... what is the alternative to player.setscale for height?

The alternative would be to create a custom body just for your character where you can change the scaling as you see fit. This would actually probably be the easiest thing to do. Copy the body parts, change up the file names, then create an .esp that will access those parts for the player character. I'm not sure exactly how you'd create the .esp, but such mods have been done for Skyrim, so I know it's possible. It might even be easier to see if such a mod could simply be converted to work with SSE.

The alternative would be to create a custom body just for your character where you can change the scaling as you see fit. This would actually probably be the easiest thing to do. Copy the body parts, change up the file names, then create an .esp that will access those parts for the player character. I'm not sure exactly how you'd create the .esp, but such mods have been done for Skyrim, so I know it's possible. It might even be easier to see if such a mod could simply be converted to work with SSE.

Much thanks! I want to go this route for sure, but don't know which race/height modifiers do it the hard way(the way you stated, not scripting a setscale change)

If anyone knows which mod would best be suited for this or knows another way I'd be grateful