serana stuck in sneak, cant interact etc..

noahjohnston

OKAY so I'm really fed up with dawnguard the bugs are unreal wow so it was all going pretty smoothly until I had to get serana into the courtyard then it all went downhill. I got all the moon pieces to open up the spiral staircase down to the ruins and 1st bug is for some reason serana at times will have no clothes??? she'll just be in her underwear but whatever It fixes iteself.. My main problem though is once we get through all the fighting stuff and we are in the room to get to go through the portal I collect all the ingredients and put them in the bowl but it won't let me speak to her. I press E as much as I like and nothing happens and I'm not wearing a mask or hood or any of that so there's no reason for this that I know of. She's also stuck in the crouch position and won't stop and I suddenly got slow like I was carrying too much but I'm way below the carry weight, there are just so many problems but not being able to interact with serana is the main one. I used a command to bypass interacting with her so now the portal is open but now I have to choose to be soul trapped or be a vampire and once again I can't interact with her?!!!!! If anyone knows how to fix this problem please help sorry this is so long there are just so many annoying problems.

Oh yeah I guess I should also add I went back to a save so that I was in the courtyard and I went through all the fighting s#*! again and same problem nothing resolved, I also dismissed my follower and still no change so...

Incoming Wall of Text, just so you know. :tongue:

First, do you have USLEP (the Unofficial Skyrim Legendary Edition Patch)? That fixes a lot of issues. Are you using any mods which affect companions or vampirism or the Dawnguard quest? Are you using any mods which specifically affect Serana, such as the many mods which edit her appearance? If you are, you can try disabling those mods to see if that fixes the issue.

Have you been installing and uninstalling mods on this saved game? If so, you may have some orphan scripts hanging around and mucking things up, or your save may simply be borked. You can try one of the save game utilities which help rescue a borked save. I have had this tool recommended to me by several experienced users... https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/76776

Hope you get things working again. :smile:

Incoming Wall of Text, just so you know. :tongue:

First, do you have USLEP (the Unofficial Skyrim Legendary Edition Patch)? That fixes a lot of issues. Are you using any mods which affect companions or vampirism or the Dawnguard quest? Are you using any mods which specifically affect Serana, such as the many mods which edit her appearance? If you are, you can try disabling those mods to see if that fixes the issue.

Have you been installing and uninstalling mods on this saved game? If so, you may have some orphan scripts hanging around and mucking things up, or your save may simply be borked. You can try one of the save game utilities which help rescue a borked save. I have had this tool recommended to me by several experienced users... https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/76776

Hope you get things working again. :smile:

I don't have USLEP I'll go ahead and get than then and regarding the mods affect companions the only one I have is Follower Commentary Overhaul, idk if that's messing anything up but I'll just disable it and see if that helps any

• 2 weeks later...

you could try using console to fix her. try opening console with `, clicking on her. youll see her id number show up. type disable into console, and hit enter. she'll disappear, probably. then type enable, and hit enter.

if that doesn't work, you could try teleporting her as well. you want to do the same thing of clicking her in console. close console, move a few feet away, open it again and type player.moveto and hit enter.

you could also try dismissing her, or attacking her to the point she falls over to recover health. or shout at her. sometimes simple stuff like that resets an npc's AI and fixes the issue.