Vault-Tec rep unassignable

cossayos

I don't know what made him bug out, but in my last two games I couldn't assign him at all.

I send him to Sanctuary, offer him a job and he comes back with "janking my chain". In my previous game I was able to solve that by sending him to a different settlement where he activated. Now, no dice. In workshop mode he's simply unselectable and ingame he just offers his usual lines about vault-tec, but I can only initiate to trade with him. No active dialogue.

Has anyone been able to circumvent that bug? I read somewhere that resting for 24 hours should activate him, but that didn't work either.

In my latest rebuild of Bunker Hill I trashed the Savoldi's bar and Kay's clinic so I needed to find a way to reassign them to their new and identical jobs. This was the the solution but I don't know if it works on Mr Vault Tec !

https://www.reddit.com/r/fo4/comments/3vx6rz/pc_heres_how_to_make_any_named_settler_take/

Or maybe he isn't properly assigned to the settlement. Try moving him to another settlement. Or the same one, if the one where he is appers in the list, then it's definitely the problem.

Also, here's a copypasteable TL;DR version of that reddit stuff:

addkeyword WorkshopAllowCommand
setpv bCommandable 1
addkeyword WorkshopAllowMove
setpv bAllowMove 1
addkeyword WorkshopAllowCaravan
setpv bAllowCaravan 1

These 6 commands enable assignment, movement (to other settlements) and usage as provisioners. Two commands per action. Open the console, click an NPC, and paste as many of them as you want.

Or, you can put that into a text file in the same directory as your fallout4.exe. For example, call it fixThisSettler.txt. Then open the console, click an NPC, and do "bat fixThisSettler" to run them all on him.

No need to fast travel or anything, it should work right away.

Edited by pra