Absurd Texture Colors

onracr

Just to be clear, adjusting the remaining faces and combining vertices are the parts of removing triangles, is that right?

That is correct, however, Alt-J doesn't just remove the small triangles that are breaking up the surface, it converts all triangles to quads, which is not what you want. You're going to have to manually remove them, then adjust others to fill in the gaps. As for speculars, I'd say if it works in the game with a black and white one, just use that. I have seen many conflicting reports about how speculars are supposed to work in FO4, so just use whatever seems to work for you.

Edited by jkruse05

Just to be clear, adjusting the remaining faces and combining vertices are the parts of removing triangles, is that right?

That is correct, however, Alt-J doesn't just remove the small triangles that are breaking up the surface, it converts all triangles to quads, which is not what you want. You're going to have to manually remove them, then adjust others to fill in the gaps. As for speculars, I'd say if it works in the game with a black and white one, just use that. I have seen many conflicting reports about how speculars are supposed to work in FO4, so just use whatever seems to work for you.

Well, i didn't know that either but, i got it working finally and learned a lot thanks to you :) Most lilkely, texture resolution was the cause at the beginning, as you said (b&w specular texture worked). Now, it's almost perfectly working except, in creation kit, when you chose some attributes for mods, it should've worked as selected in ck but, when i changed the sound level from "silence" to "quiet, it didn't make any difference in the game.. Made all the connection though, between the gun and the compensator in Nifskope. It's complicated. Do you have an idea or heard something like this ?