My feedback and FOMOD installation issue

Emirizy

So I finally got around to testing vortex and I decided to test it with a fresh install of fallout new vegas as to not disturb my fallout 4 install.

The design is very nice, very modern. I especially like how the mods section explicitly shows you which mods are going to be causing conflicts and you can then and there sort it out. The one thing I do have to say an improvement could be made is where you have accidentally downloaded the same mod version twice. I have quite a few small mods where there is multiple of the same version downloaded because it took a while for vortex to respond and I feel this could be improved by asking the user if they want to download the same version twice. I, however, can see where people may say that NMM was better just because it was the bare minimum and that's what they wanted.

One very big issue I ran into was installing FCO (fallout character overhaul). I'm pretty sure this issue has to do with the FOMOD script, however. When I was installing said mod with Fallout redesigned 3 there were lots of issues with missing textures and big red exclamation marks so these textures hadn't actually been installed. As FR3 gets a lot of its textures from FCO, I knew where the issue was coming from. The issue was that when the FOMOD loaded for FCO, I could go into the fallout new vegas mod folder and see all the files: the plugins, textures etc but when I finished installing the mod, in the FCO folder, there was only the FCO main plugin. The textures weren't being installed. I had to copy the folder with all the textures during the FOMOD installation to a separate directory and then copy the textures I chose to the mod installation so that vortex could install the mod properly with all the textures. I haven't however yet tested this with NMM and I will be posting about this issue on the main FCO mod page.