Creating custom tarot cards

thayanora

I've seen tutorials on how to change the inquisitor and companion portraits (y'know, the circle pictures that show up during actual gameplay). But I haven't found anything to swap out the tarot cards (the ones that show up when you're picking companions for a mission).

I would've thought it was a relatively straightforward thing- tell the game to use X image file instead of Y. But I can't figure out how to do it, and I can't find any tutorials on how to do it, either.

Does anyone know if this is possible? And if it is, can you explain how to do it in small words for a new modder?

The idea is the same, you just have to actually know the location of the cards in the Mod Maker.

Followers are in UI//Static//Followers//

The Inquisitor cards, and others, are in UI//Static//CharGen//

Export one so you have the correct dimensions, make edits and ensure that your new card is of the same proportions as the old one, and then import over the card you want to replace.

That said, the game can get pissy if you try to replace some images. I don't know if replacing these will work. I would test it out with some random image first so you don't waste a bunch of time in case it doesn't work.

Can it be replaced? I don't know, because installing the mod creates an infinite black loading screen when I try to fire up a save.

Oddly enough, it's not frozen or crashing, and it's still got the little blinking green diamond going strong. But it's been stuck on the screen for over 20 minutes, so I get the sense it's not gonna work.

Well, if anyone else has had successes or failures in this arena, let me know!

Edited by thayanora

Tarot cards can replaced with Frosty, but not with Mod Maker. Though you shouldn't be getting an infinite load if you tried to replace them with Mod Maker, just blank spaces where the cards used to be. Infinite load suggests there might be a problem with the texture format you imported as well.