Vortex and Mod Executables

Reidlos

Started noticing a new issue.

Almost every time I switch from one profile to another, a random esm/esp plugin becomes invalid.

Right now, the only solution I find is to reinstall the mod.

Do you get a message when this happens? If so, what does it say?

I'd get an dismissible notification saying:

'Plugins not sorted because: "Insert random plugin-name here.esm" is not a valid plugin'

- After the prompt appears, resorting once loaded doesn't generate the prompt again

- Redeploying once loaded doesn't either

- It appears, during a purge

It happens intermittently.

When it does appear, it almost feels like the check process had been called before the state transition was completed because in the time it takes to displays the notification it has completed.

I'm also testing rnn200's suggestion of not using the redirectFiles parameter.

It seems that it works as expected, thankfully!

So the redirectFiles parameter might be a legacy fix for an earlier Vortex build?

I'm trying to remember the guide I followed that suggested it.

Well, that's great to know. I guess my request isn't needed then :)

I'll post any other oddities I find.

Thanks for the help rnn200!

I'd get an dismissible notification saying:

'Plugins not sorted because: "Insert random plugin-name here.esm" is not a valid plugin'

The same thing happens now almost every time I switch profiles. When I switch from Profile A to Profile B, the "not a valid plugin" message appears. The Profile B plugin in question always belongs to a disabled mod in B that is enabled in Profile A. When I switch back to Profile A, the Profile A "not a valid plugin" always belongs to a disabled mod in A that is enabled in Profile B. It seems that there is some kind of profile "leakage" occurring here.

The problem is not a game breaker. In fact, I suspect it's a pseudo problem, because it doesn't affect my game. Furthermore, I can press "Sort", and Vortex appears to sort. However, just to be sure, I dismiss the message, enable the mod, let auto-deploy and sort run, and then disable the mod (since I don't want it for this profile), again letting auto-deploy and sort run their course. Problem (if there ever was one) solved.

However, I'd rather not have this (pseudo?) problem to solve. Do I need to give feedback on this? I'm rather intimidated by the feedback process, but I'll gather my courage and do it, if needed.

Edited by Augusta Calidia

Augusta Calidada, same is happening to me.

As I mentioned in my post above, it almost sounds like checks are being called before the cleanup process is completed.

For now, I just got into the habit of resorting before launching when that notification does show.