FNIS not saying I've installed Creature pack when I clearly have?

GreenBird124

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I think i found out the FNIS need to be run from the game installed location, and not from vortex , C:\Program Files\Bethesda Softworks\The Elder Scrolls - Skyrim - Special Edition\Data\tools\GenerateFNIS_for_Users

if i run FNIS from this location it good

I think i found out the FNIS need to be run from the game installed location, and not from vortex , C:\Program Files\Bethesda Softworks\The Elder Scrolls - Skyrim - Special Edition\Data\tools\GenerateFNIS_for_Users

if i run FNIS from this location it good

Where did you get your Skyrim? That's not a file path a legal copy of Skyrim can have.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

From FNIS point of view it is a very simple case. It checks for the file Data\Tools\GenerateFNIS_for_Users\BehavioredObjects.txt. If it is not there then it is an undeniable indication that Creature Pack is not installed.

Usually it's a user mistake. In old NMM versions there was a "feature" that removed ALL text files with the option to not install READMEs. I also heard that this could also happen if you installed Skyrim and/or NMM in one of the UAC protected standard folders "C:\Program Files" or "C:\Program Files (x86)". But for that I'm not so sure.

I put the file in there and it tells me ”Create Creature Behaviors”. I don't know what I'm doing wrong.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Welp... new post on an old thing but... I have installed via vortex and the spell one worked and the creatures pack doesn't seem to be recognized by FNIS but is recognized in the mcm. I have done it exactly the same way that I did it a year ago for SE and that worked and I also manually installed the files each in their proper place and fnis just doesnt seem to know it is there so I am wondering now if the download off of the nexus is scuffed.