Contingent effect for Rune spell

So i have been playing with the rune spells and I think there should be more going on.

What I would like to do is set the basic rune spell to have a contingent effect after the trigger. Basically I want the rune to trigger it's spell then do a second effect.

EG mod the fire rune to first do the standard 50 point damage but as a second effect conjure a Flame Atronach. To make this a balanced spell, I raised up the majicka requirement but also put in a long 5 second casting time, so it is good to set to guard a corridor.

Anyway there does not seem to be any clear way to hold off the second effect till the first is triggered. To me this is a very realistic spell to add and some fun CK beginning modding.

anything complex (such as adding a function to cast past x time) will require scripting. you'll best off trudging through CK's wiki and start with Hello World.

Or you can use smart cast mod which lets you combo spells as well as auto cast and spell rings and get something similar to what you're aiming for. Combo Fire rune with Fire Atronach.