Help with Wrye Mash and a couple other things

tc85123

Hi,

I am new to modding. On my Wrye Mash list there are files that are yellow and I read that means they are out of order. I cant figure out how to put them in order. Everytime I start up Morrowind it gives me an error message and I just say yes to all but I think some things are out of wack. I'm also new to forums somewhat so I dont know the protocol if I should show images of the problems or whatever..... I can attach images later once I get to my computer with Morrowind on it..... I just figured to start with asking the questions and if we need more detail then I can supply.

I am running TR, Graphics Overhaul, Rebirth, Creatures XI. I also think something is wrong with TR. It's yellow on Wrye Mesh and I see a message saying the ESP is missing for Mainland... Also tamriel rebuilt I only see the Eastern portion of TR on my map. Is that because thats all that has been finished? I turned off TR preview and TR travels as the youtube video showed me when installing all of these mods...

Also at night its so dark I cant see even with a torch or anything... I remember I had this problem on an install years ago and fixed it somehow so I could see better at night... Does anyone have any ideas on that one either?

Thanks,

I have been trying to play Modded Morrowind for 5 years now but was in a car accident and havent been able to play any video games for 5 years. I'm very excited to finally be able to play and would appreciate anyone who can help me to get it running correctly!

Beginner's Guide

Abot's MOST Helpful site

STEP Guide

List of Guides

All of these contain info that you need to mod morrowind. Mlox is the Load Order sorter program like L00T from skyrim.

Wrye Mash yellow mods... click on the mod on the left that is Yellow -> on Right List click in the mods list then hit "save" bottom right.

Tamriel Rebuilt ALSO needs Tamriel Data. Which is a separate Mod.

If you are using Creatures or any other Leveled List type mods... Use "MultiPatch" using TES3CMD

Install Tes3cmd and add a txt file to \Data Files and rename it "MultiPatch.bat"

Open it as a text file in wordpad/Notepad++ and Add This:

@echo off
REM batch file to create a multipatch plugin using tes3cmd
REM put shortcut on desktop and double-click it to create multipatch

tes3cmd multipatch > multipatch.log
TYPE multipatch.log
PAUSE

Save as "Multipatch.bat". Run it when ever you add mods. The order I use when I add more mods (w/o update mods): Mlox. -> Multipatch.bat -> Wrye Mash-Repair All -> MGE distant Land gen -> Play.

When adding the apps the order I use:

MCP -> exeOPt -> 4GB Patch

Go through those links. Get the Morrowind Code Patch IE: MCP. MGE XE. EXEOPT. 4GB Patch x64... does Graphical Overhall and or Rebirth contain these files??? idn.. I think MGSO did. But it's getting late. Those top links will really help you out. I know its a long read but that's modding :P Post your "warning.txt" in spoiler tags if you like. Was that easy to follow? Probably not. Sorry if it ain't.

Thanks I didnt know Wrye Mash was that easy.. You just need to know how to do it. That fixed everything.... I do have a question about Tamriel Rebuilt... I mentioned before on my map the only Tamriel Rebuilt part that is in my game is the east side.. Is that because they have only filled the east side with content so far or am I missing something? I dabbled with this years ago and I know I had the whole TR map up but never actually traveled there and it seems that even though it was there it might have just been developed land with no quests or anything. So do I have the most updated TR only having the east section of my map of TR filled in? I do have TR 17.09 and I do also have TR_DATA.BSA... I havent been able to find an answer to this anywhere. I installed the most recent TR and did what the guy on the Youtube video said when installing it.

Please let me know.

lol Thought I might have overloaded you with information xD

Tamriel Rebuilt: You have the latest. If you want the WHOLE map add: TR_preview.esp AND TR_travels.esp. the Preview will contain the rest of the map BUT from Mournhold and West... will just add land and structures. No quest/NPCs/Interiors... Up to you. I add them :) TR_travels is a "travel" mod... that adds shipmasters at ports for you to "fast travel".

While on the topic of TR... did you register your ".BSA"s in "Morrowind.ini"? I'm sure you did otherwise you'd be swamped with errors :P

Thanks you have been a huge help! I did register the .BSA's and I will just keep it as is.... I see no reason to have land with no quests....

I did dabble years ago modding Morrowind so I did know a couple things which helped me get this but when I downloaded Wrye Mash and opened up the first time a couple days ago it seemed overwhelming with options so I decided to make this post.

Any other Mods that I dont have that would enhance Modded Morrowind please let me know. I downloaded a bunch of quests but havent installed them yet because I did feel overwhelmed but I think now I will try them.

I've added a lot to my present game. Abot's Mod List is an Excellent source. BTB's mod list too... BUT his sites down :/

Most mods are compatible with each other just make sure you read the readmes of the files you download. Readmes for ESIII Will ALWAYS contain more info than the Mod's page... whether that's from Mod History / Nexus... wherever. Including compatibility w/ other mods.

If you want my Mod list, PM me and I'll keep yea busy for a year xD

Building up Uvirith's Legacy. Rise of house telvanni. JMK - Discoveries And Adventures. LGNPC(alot of mods 4 each city). Sotha Sill Expanded. Darknuts Dwemer Ruins v1.2=w/ Mountainous Red Mountain+Patch. so on and so on. lulz. I have a lot more than this but these mods always get added to my playthroughs.

I'm surprised you don't add the TR_Preview but understandable. Those guys have been hard at work for over 15years. Along with Tamriel Rebuilt there are 2 other BIG mods that add Skyrim and Cyrodiil... that should line up w/ Tamriel Rebuilt's Landmass/TR_Preview.esp. BUT I have yet to play with those 2 mods. Still in the early stages. But they have their Exteriors down :)

If you're a Wizard... get the Alchemy Filter while you're at it. As an old fan of ESIII you'll appreciate it as much as the rest of us do xD

I also recommend adding the Creatures XI / Neo's Unique Creatures / The Undead.esm = With the "Multipatch" these guys add SO MUCH more Life to the game. Seriously. I thought it was an afterthought? No way. Must haves for me now xD

idn m8. I'm rambling. PM me and I'll give u my load order. Ain't too long but the above should be more than enough to keep u busy :P