Vortex and Win7 user account

pzaw

ok

I have an unusual problem and question.

First...

I have all my games on E: drive.

I have been having problems with windows startup.

seems like explorer is not starting up properly - may be a user profile corruption.

Anyway one of the solutions is just to create a new user account on my PC.

You see where this is going.

So, I created a new user account on my PC.

Now I copied my old desktop folder to my new account.

All's fine but when I start vortex I get an empty vortex as in all my mods are gone.

It is asking me to log in which is understandable but shouldn't all my mods be still there?

Q.

Obviously vortex could not and did not read its config file.

How do I get my old vortex "profile" back?

Q.

what folder should I copy across to make Vortex recognise my setup?

Your missing data is likely in the old profile %appdata%\Vortex. Your Vortex settings may have also been using profile specific folders for mods. One thing you can try is to log back into a profile with working install and change Vortex's Multi-User Mode from Per-User to Shared in the Vortex tab of the Settings. Hopefully that will copy everything to a common folder that you can access with any profile.

You changed accounts, with a whole new tree structure. I would advise re-installing every application that uses account specific data.

Only way you are going to fix them.

If it was me - I would figure out what was wrong with your old windows account - and fix that.

• 2 weeks later...

If it was me - I would figure out what was wrong with your old windows account - and fix that.

If I have my Microsoft account linked to my username - is it possible for the problems to "sync" (not in my favor)? In other words, do I need a completely new Microsoft profile? Been dealing with permission issue (I have like 6 HDDs) for awhile