Better Males Mod Help

Paradisekiss555

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/downloads/file.php?id=2488

I've been trying to get this mod to work for a few hours now, well, since 12 p.m. this afternoon. And it just got to the point where I had to re-install the whole game because I ended up screwing up some of the character files and their arms had ceased to have flesh. I've tried following the instructions on there, but I'm not really the most tech savvy person. It hasn't appeared in my plug ins even after its in my mods, but I've read that mods that change things like textures don't always appear on there. So, can anyone walk me through how to get this one to work right? :unsure:

Download and open the archive.

Does this mod have multiple things to chose from? If yes, chose one of them (open the corresponding folder in the archive)

Does that folder have a "Data" folder in it? If yes, extract it into your steamapps/common/skyrim folder, and merge if asked to.

If the folder does not contain the "Data" folder, but contains folders like "meshes", "textures" and so, extract these folders into your steamapps/common/skyrim/Data folder, merge if asked.

• 9 months later...

i downloaded it on the mod manager like the rest of the world now how do i get the mod to work? idk how to open the mods folder or even where it is i activate it and redownload it all the time. i think the mod just don't work. if anyone else is having the same problem give up. that's what i did and no1 else wants to say how to get it working. i dont think anyone knows how

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I tried installing this with NMM, Mod Organizer and manually and I couldn't get any of of them to work though I followed the instructions and did the required ini changes. I used BOSS several times and got no errors but I still got CTD every time I tried to start the game. I do use NPC overhaul and the author mentioned in the description that mods which modify NPCs could cause "bugs." That was generous. I figured on black face or bad neck seams, not a complete hosing.

I uninstalled the mod but still get CTD. I validated the game cache with Steam and it said it was reacquiring 5 missing files but the game will still not launch. What a nightmare. I just got all my must-have mods reloaded and organized and this was literally the last mod I wanted to load before starting my new game. Neato.

• 1 year later...

I attempted to install this as well. The file structure makes it very difficult to install with Mod Organizer, but I refuse to manually install simply because I do not want to overwrite anything that may mess up my game. That is the beauty of Mod Organizer. One does not need to worry about that because removing a mod is as simple as checking a box. The mod states that only one texture may be chosen. I have it currently working with the skinny bodies but not the options I want. Any help here?