Game won't launch when OBSE is installed

(I'm running the Steam version of the game)

Whenever I try to launch the game with OBSE installed, it gets to the launcher but when I press "play" in the launcher, the game just doesn't launch. My mod manager is Wrye Bash, and I just launch the game by clicking the "play" button in the Steam menu. I've tried uninstalling my mods and running the game vanilla, which didn't work. However, I realized that when I deleted OBSE and ran the game WITH my mods installed, it started up and worked just fine. However, OBSE is required for some mods I have, so I need to find a fix for this so that I can actually play the game. I use OBSE version 0021 from the official website, but I've tried the mirror from the Nexus, which didn't work either. I've heard this could be caused by missing masters, but Wrye Bash indicates that all mods are in perfect working order. I've verified the game files, reinstalled the game, deleted the Oblivion folder in Documents, and none of it worked. The game is installed in C:\Games, so it's not a problem of being in Program Files. I also want to mention that I've played Oblivion on my computer before WITH OBSE, and it worked fine, so I'm at a loss for what to do.

My current load order (sorted with LOOT):

00 Oblivion.esm

01 Morrowind_ob.esm

02 RealisticLeveling.esm

03 All Natural Base.esm [Version 1.37]

04 Unofficial Oblivion Patch.esp [Version 3.5.5]

05 UOP Vampire Aging & Face Fix.esp [Version 1.0.0]

06 Oblivion Citadel Door Fix.esp

07 DLCShiveringIsles.esp

08 Unofficial Shivering Isles Patch.esp [Version 1.5.9]

09 DLCBattlehornCastle.esp

0A DLCBattlehornCastle - Unofficial Patch.esp [Version 1.0.12]

0B DLCThievesDen.esp

0C DLCThievesDen - Unofficial Patch.esp [Version 1.0.15]

0D DLCThievesDen - Unofficial Patch - SSSB.esp [Version 1.0.14]

0E DLCMehrunesRazor.esp

0F DLCMehrunesRazor - Unofficial Patch.esp [Version 1.0.7]

10 DLCVileLair.esp

11 DLCVileLair - Unofficial Patch.esp [Version 1.0.11]

12 DLCHorseArmor.esp

13 DLCHorseArmor - Unofficial Patch.esp [Version 1.0.9]

14 DLCOrrery.esp

15 DLCOrrery - Unofficial Patch.esp [Version 1.0.7]

16 DLCSpellTomes.esp

17 DLCSpellTomes - Unofficial Patch.esp [Version 1.0.1]

18 DLCFrostcrag.esp

19 DLCFrostcrag - Unofficial Patch.esp [Version 1.0.10]

1A Knights.esp

1B Knights - Unofficial Patch.esp [Version 1.1.8]

1C PersuasionOverhaul.esp [Version 1.43]

1D DKSpellEffectiveness0Min.esp

1E ChaseCameraMod.esp

1F Oblivion_Character_Overhaul.esp [Version 2.0]

20 Auto Update Leveled Items And Spells.esp [Version 1.2.5]

21 P1DkeyChain.esp [Version 5.00]

22 Enhanced Hotkeys.esp [Version 2.3.1]

23 Dynamic Map.esp [Version 2.1.1]

24 Morrowind_ob - MorroblivionTreeReplacer.esp

25 Morrowind_ob - Conversation.esp

26 Morrowind_ob - UCWUS.esp [Version 1.1]

27 WindowLightingSystem.esp

28 All Natural - SI.esp [Version 1.37]

29 All Natural - Real Lights.esp [Version 1.37]

2A All Natural.esp [Version 1.37]

2B Gottshaw Village.esp [Version 1.0.1]

2C Morrowind_ob - Chargen and Transport Mod.esp [Version 11]

2D Morrowind_ob.esp

2E Morrowind_ob - Morroblivion Maps.esp

2F ANMorrowind.esp

30 Bashed Patch, 0.esp

Disable the Steam Overlay. Click the Steam menu and navigate to Settings -> In-Game, then uncheck "Enable the Steam Overlay."

You should have obse_1_2_416.ddl, obse_editor_1_2.dll, obse_loader.exe and obse_steam_loader.dll files in your Oblivion folder. You shouldn't launch via obse_loader; that's only for non-Steam versions of Oblivion. Launching via Steam should work, so long as the Steam Overlay is disabled.

Disable the Steam Overlay. Click the Steam menu and navigate to Settings -> In-Game, then uncheck "Enable the Steam Overlay."

You should have obse_1_2_416.ddl, obse_editor_1_2.dll, obse_loader.exe and obse_steam_loader.dll files in your Oblivion folder. You shouldn't launch via obse_loader; that's only for non-Steam versions of Oblivion. Launching via Steam should work, so long as the Steam Overlay is disabled.

I have all of those files in the folder, and I tried disabling the overlay but that didn't work either.

OK, I uninstalled ALL my mods and ran the vanilla game with JUST OBSE and it worked. So, it'll work with JUST OBSE and NO mods, and it'll work with ALL mods and WITHOUT OBSE. It seems to me that there's some kind of conflict between my mods and OBSE, so I'll have to find which one is causing the problem.

OK, I uninstalled ALL my mods and ran the vanilla game with JUST OBSE and it worked. So, it'll work with JUST OBSE and NO mods, and it'll work with ALL mods and WITHOUT OBSE. It seems to me that there's some kind of conflict between my mods and OBSE, so I'll have to find which one is causing the problem.

I got it to work! I reinstalled all of my mods one-by-one and I encountered no problems.

I got it to work! I reinstalled all of my mods one-by-one and I encountered no problems.

UPDATE: It worked one time and then broke again, without me doing ANYTHING in between. :/