Open Community  ·  3 members

BattleTech

Can anyone help me with a endless loop loading screen?

Darkbutcher79

I installed a couple mods and my game started sticking at the loading screen. The one where you can select single player, multiplayer and skirmish. No matter which button you press when it leads to the next screen with the loading wheel and tip box. It just stays there, the background music plays and the wheel spins and the tips cycle through but it never progresses.

The output log lists a lot of this below at the end. I've tried completely uninstalling the game and saved games and reloading to no avail. If anyone can help me get this fixed and working again i'd be most thankful.

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/DebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 51)
Data.DataManager [ERROR] LoadRequest for Gear_Actuator_Clan of type UpgradeDef has an invalid manifest entry. Any requests for this object will fail.
(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/DebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 51)
Data.DataManager [ERROR] LoadRequest for Weapon_LRM_LRM20_Clan of type WeaponDef has an invalid manifest entry. Any requests for this object will fail.
Data.DataManager [ERROR] LoadRequest for chassisdef_centurion_CN9-CL of type ChassisDef has an invalid manifest entry. Any requests for this object will fail.

Ok but how do i fix that? I've tried completely uninstalling the mods and game and reinstalling it fresh. It still does it on both Steam and GoG. Is there something saved on a server off my system or in some other file somewhere i need to remove? And the fresh install is completely mod free, on both platforms.

Edited by Darkbutcher79

Yeah that's what i figured, but even deleting the entire folder after uninstalling doesn't fix it. Where else on my computer or their servers could the files be? I thought it was just a Steam cloud thing at first but it's doing it on the GoG download and install as well and with having never touched a mod.

Update. I installed the game on a different computer entirely and it's doing the same thing. No mods have ever touched this comp but getting the same problem. Is there anyway to purge bad data from Steam or HBS servers if it somehow got saved?

Steam isn't storing any of the game files in the cloud; the only thing I can think of is that you are somehow trying to load a save that relies on the missing mods? I know some mods talk about needing to go in and delete all your saved mech configurations or whatever prior to uninstalling.

• 2 weeks later...

Saved mech loadouts in the skirmish mechlab will cause this problem if they use stuff from a mod that you've uninstalled. I've not been able to find where those loadouts are saved, but it's somewhere different from the campaign saves, because deleting that folder doesn't get rid of them.

The only workaround I know of is to re-install exactly the same mods you were using before the problem started, then open the skirmish mechlab, delete all your saved mech loadouts, then uninstall the mods again.

Edited by HandyVac