NiTriShape casting super deep shadows onto other NiTriShapes

Ebsalom

This isn't actually for a preexisting mod, and I'm instead asking for some personal advice in order to polish a mod of my own (Faceless Dwarven Helmet)
The issue I'm having is that the NiTriShape of the Dwarven Helmet from navida1's Improved Closefaced Helmets mod is casting a very deep shadow onto an NiTriShape that I've added to the .nif file (as can be seen from the attached screenshot) All I'd like to know is are there any settings within Nifskope that I can play around with in order to fix the issue, because I've been wanting a mod like this for quite some time but nobody every bothered to make it, and this is the big issue that's keeping it from looking polished.

I would test the mesh on a vanilla Dwarven Helmet, but I get errors whenever I try to copy the NiTriShape's branch into that .nif file, and I don't know how to fix them. ("failed to map parent link NiNode|Scene Root")

Any input would be highly appreciated.

Ah-hah, the "Face Normals" and "Update Tangent Space" functions have fixed the issue!

Thanks for the advice, and thank you for also bringing Outfit Studio to my attention. I had no idea that it existed, and I can see myself using it for projects in the future (especially getting the NiTriMesh ports to vanilla assets completed, which is the only thing keeping me from releasing this on the Nexus)

Again, you have my gratitude, TheWilloughbian. Have some Kudos.