Level up ONE AT A TIME ...pwease...?

ShadowclawIV

I'm just sick and tired of how irrelevant the searches are; :facepalm:

Quicker Level ups, Slower level ups, Automatic Level ups, and all that jazz

[No insults intended; they're just not what I'm looking for].

And note: when I say "Me", "My", "I" or "Myself", I speak for others who seeks for a mod that I'll be requesting for.

All I ask is simply leveling up one level at a time,

One gumball, not the entire dispenser.

I'm still at level 1 and kept it that way until I can find a mod that can safely level me up to level 2

while the rest of my 48 levels are on standby,

The problem with leveling up right now;

If I go to the "Level up" interface, it immediately pours all the levels down at me,

[along with having to hear that annoying Level-up music repeating itself like 49 times] :wallbash:

And one Primary example why I don't wish to be a high level too soon

[And many others have that same reason] :sleep:

-Being forced into quests that I don't want to deal with yet.

[Like Dawnguard with its constant Vampire attacks and some inevitable Daedric Quests] :verymad:

Just simply I just want to advance one level at a time and humbly spend whatever perk points that each level-up gives me, especially for to spend on the Smithing Tree for Ebony or Daedric at level 5,

and if I get bored...

I can just hop on to the next level, by 1,

not by 2, not by 3, nor 49 times.

One gumball, not the entire dispenser.

Edited by ShadowclawIV

Despite the cry baby way this is presented that will likely get 0 attention from any modders who care, I second this. I would like to level up one at a time so I can make the most of trainers. Skipping levels did get me into a bad spot as my smithing/enchanting has lagged too far behind what I am fighting :/

Despite the cry baby way this is presented that will likely get 0 attention from any modders who care, I second this. I would like to level up one at a time so I can make the most of trainers. Skipping levels did get me into a bad spot as my smithing/enchanting has lagged too far behind what I am fighting :/

That's something what a rant would sound like, so yeah,

I apologize for that, just months of searching for that one mod to no avail can be very infuriating. :wacko:

Dude, if I ... ever ... get to the point that I can code up what sounds like a script based and probably pretty complicated gameplay changing mod, I will *totally* write this for us.

I "get" why the designers did it...any Player who spends 10 perks but is still level 1 is gonna be OP AF. But then again, since some things (I'm looking at YOU magic system) are so badly balanced to begin with, it might even out :P

You might look into the Skill Uncapper mod. It won't let you just claim one level at a time, but it will let you tweak the ini files so that going out and playing the game doesn't level your *Player* at all while letting your skills go up. That doesn't get you perks or perk spending ability though so you might need a cheat mod like the Perk Book to just hand yourself a perk whenever you feel you've earned one.

I wonder, in your situation, if it would be possible to claim ONE level up, then use the console to save and reload?
Dirty immersion-breaking method, but....maybe?
It's not going to reload you with the perks window open....

I've never stored up 49 level-ups because I realized with the first 8 that dumped on me after a wee crafting session that it wouldn't let me choose when to use them.

My sad panda solution thus far has been to claim EVERY level the second I get it, dump the points into Stamina to up my carry weight, then reset stamina and my player level via console commands. Dropping stamina back down to 100 or 110 or whatever doesn't affect your new carry weight. If you use modav instead of setav, it will show you as being under a negative effect, but I've had some people say modav is better than setav (I haven't had any problems, but my Player has been parked at level 8 forever, so it's not like I'd *know* if something was broken for when I hit level 30 or something. I *do* know that as soon as I hit 9 or 10 the Jarl Couriers and Dawnguard guys come out of the bloody woodwork to start that questline, etc. I've seen 9 or 10 like fifty times, lol).

I suppose you could just accept those 49 level-ups to clean out the mess, then reset your level and such....

1. Accept your level, dump into stamina
2. Spend perks (or not, they don't go away when you change your level)
3. open the console (usually the tilde key)
4. player.setav stamina 100 (or whatever it was before you leveled)
5. player.setlevel 1 (or whatever it was before you leveled)

From my dorking around thus far, it seems you can safely lower your player level on a whim though this can make some encounters entirely too easy because there's no natural "in game" way to be say 95 marksman and level 2, you're gonna one-shot...everything. If you just set your level to a few higher than you are, it will hand you perks - and make you listen to the level up music for each one....

Dude, if I ... ever ... get to the point that I can code up what sounds like a script based and probably pretty complicated gameplay changing mod, I will *totally* write this for us.

I "get" why the designers did it...any Player who spends 10 perks but is still level 1 is gonna be OP AF. But then again, since some things (I'm looking at YOU magic system) are so badly balanced to begin with, it might even out :tongue:

You might look into the Skill Uncapper mod. It won't let you just claim one level at a time, but it will let you tweak the ini files so that going out and playing the game doesn't level your *Player* at all while letting your skills go up. That doesn't get you perks or perk spending ability though so you might need a cheat mod like the Perk Book to just hand yourself a perk whenever you feel you've earned one.

I wonder, in your situation, if it would be possible to claim ONE level up, then use the console to save and reload?

Dirty immersion-breaking method, but....maybe?

It's not going to reload you with the perks window open....

I've never stored up 49 level-ups because I realized with the first 8 that dumped on me after a wee crafting session that it wouldn't let me choose when to use them.

My sad panda solution thus far has been to claim EVERY level the second I get it, dump the points into Stamina to up my carry weight, then reset stamina and my player level via console commands. Dropping stamina back down to 100 or 110 or whatever doesn't affect your new carry weight. If you use modav instead of setav, it will show you as being under a negative effect, but I've had some people say modav is better than setav (I haven't had any problems, but my Player has been parked at level 8 forever, so it's not like I'd *know* if something was broken for when I hit level 30 or something. I *do* know that as soon as I hit 9 or 10 the Jarl Couriers and Dawnguard guys come out of the bloody woodwork to start that questline, etc. I've seen 9 or 10 like fifty times, lol).

I suppose you could just accept those 49 level-ups to clean out the mess, then reset your level and such....

1. Accept your level, dump into stamina

2. Spend perks (or not, they don't go away when you change your level)

3. open the console (usually the tilde key)

4. player.setav stamina 100 (or whatever it was before you leveled)

5. player.setlevel 1 (or whatever it was before you leveled)

From my dorking around thus far, it seems you can safely lower your player level on a whim though this can make some encounters entirely too easy because there's no natural "in game" way to be say 95 marksman and level 2, you're gonna one-shot...everything. If you just set your level to a few higher than you are, it will hand you perks - and make you listen to the level up music for each one....

I don't know much about what your saying, considering that very long sentences often scramble me, :confused:

but in case you might have misinterpret me,

all I ask is leveling up once with just a push of a button,

I mean...

I wanna select my perks, but I can't do it with that [Magicka-Health-Stamina] selection getting in the way,

even if I did the trick to escape back to the menu to stop the level-up from going any further, I still can't select my perks.

I'm not asking for extra perk points or being an ultimate little level 1 warrior or anything like that,

I'm just asking to level up regularly but without the rest of the levels dumped down on me. :sad:

• 6 months later...