Skyrim SE wont launch with skse64

SophisticatedMama

Sorry in advance for the length of this post but i am quite tech illiterate and I just want to provide as much information as possible.

Yesterday i decided to try moding for the first time ever and after 10 hour or so of moding and troubleshooting etc i still cannot get the game to launch through skse64(which i have in the correct skyrim SE folder). either nothing happens at all or the bethesda launcher appears i select play and then nothing happens. I have all of my mods downloaded and arranged in the NMM and have run LOOT to determine best load order. Here are the mods I downloaded in load order as the yappear on both LOOT and NMM.
0)Skyrim.esm
1)Update.esm
2)Dawnguard.esm
3)HearthFires.esm
4)Dragonborn.esm
5)Unofficial Skyrim Special Edition Patch.esp
6)Climates of Tamriel.esm
7)Climates of Tamriel-interiors-Warm.esp
8)Climates of Tamriel-Nights-Level-1.esp
9)Climates of Tamriel-Dawnguard-Patch.esp
0A)Climates of Tamriel-Dragonborn-Patch.esp
0B)SkuUI_SE.esp
0C)Ordinator - Perks of skyrim.esp
0D) Thunderchild - Epic shout package.esp
0E)Hothtrooper44_armorcompilation.esp
0F)Apocalypse - The spell package.esp
10) Imperious - Races of Skyrim.esp
11)Apocalypse- Ordinator Compatibility Patch.esp
12) Andromeda-unique standing stones of skyrim.esp
13)Hothtrooper44_armor_ecksstra.esp
14)Immersive Weapons.esp

I have no idea why it switches to letters in the middle there but it do. This is the order reccomended by LOOT. When i look at the files in loot they all have green check marks next to their names, they did not at first but i researched similar issue on forums which lead me to this https://bethesda.net/community/topic/31060/guide-manual-cleaning-skyrim-and-skyrim-se-master-files. To my knowledge i follow this to the letter cleaning my master files using the SSEEDIT V 3.2. this resulted in all my foles gainign the aforementioned green check.

Please help, i am out of options and out of my depth. To anyone that even reads this all the way through thank you for your time.

What mod manager do you use? I recommend Mod Organizer 2. A bit learning curve but so much better on the long run.

I think you are launching the game wrong. You cannot play the game via Skyrim Launcher. You need to run skse_loader.exe

Maybe not the exact spelling.

hey! thanks so much for replying. I am using the nexus mod manager and am not using the skyrim launcher. I use the skse64 launcher inside my skyrim se folder which i believe is the correct method?

Yes, that's the correct method. If you are certain the SKSE64 launcher is inside the Skyrim folder and you are using it's .exe to launch, I don't have much else to help you, sorry.

Have you downloaded your version via Steam? Maybe this could have some effect on your issue.

On the bright side, you are using so little mods that, if this is related to any of them, will probably be pretty easy to solve. Good luck!

It is through steam yeah is that abnormal? and it is in the correct folder although im not sure what you mean by "using its .exe" sorry this is my fist venture into all of this but i will look into it! No need to appoligize I very much appreciate you taking the time to read and comment. Thank you so much for your time.

Edit: i found out what it is and i was :)

Edited by SophisticatedMama

It is through steam yeah is that abnormal? and it is in the correct folder although im not sure what you mean by "using its .exe" sorry this is my fist venture into all of this but i will look into it! No need to appoligize I very much appreciate you taking the time to read and comment. Thank you so much for your time.

Edit: i found out what it is and i was :smile:

No problem. And good thing you fixed it!

What was your issue after all? Just post it here as it could be someone else with the same problem.

Oh i didnt fix the issue at all haha, sorry i just meant i figured out what you meant by .exe... I deleted all my mods and attempted to launch with each and it never worked. once they were all gone i could launch it vanilla again through steam but i have never been able to get SKSE64 to work which makes me think thats the issue? I am deleteing Nexus mod manager and trying it with Mod organizer 2 before i try to reinstal SKSE64 but after that i have no idea what else to try.

Edited by SophisticatedMama

Resolved! After a lot of work it ended up being an issue with NMM itself. after uninstaling and then switching to Mod organizer 2 everything works perfectly, thank you all so much for your help.

I was a die hard NMM user too. Well, my reasoning was "if it doesn't break, why fix?" But I found out MO2 lets me install as portable mode (so I can bring MO2 and my entire mod folder everywhere). Something that NMM fails at: reinstalling or upgrading computer and you are going to insall all your mods all over again. With NMM, you are flying blind to which mods overwrite which. With MO2, it is clear as daylight (or at least there is a way to find out).

Just in case you want to know: The Skyrim launcher is only good to run the game to change vanilla settings. Then I use SKSE Launcher. You cannot launch SKSE Launcher from Steam, but Steam must be online for it to run. But now you got MO2, everything must go through MO2. The only reason to run outside of MO2 is when you want to run Skyrim without mod, to create a new and clean save, for example.