SKSE64 Not Launching

hunter87j

If you are using Windows 10 Defender the skse_64_loader.dll is being flagged as a Trojan and has been moved to quarantine. Windows updated Defender 4/25/2019 at 7:06AM

Trojan:Win32/Azden.A!cl

Alert level: Severe

Date: 4/25/2019 3:36PM

Category:Trojan

Details: This program is dangerous and executes commands from an attacker.

Affected Items:

file: D:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\skse64_steam_loader.dll

is there a fix for this or will we just have to wait for the devs to sort it?

I don't know. I am reluctant to allow Windows to ignore the file until there is a definitive explanation for it being flagged as a Trojan. From researching the Azden.A!cl Trojan it is a nasty one so why is my Virus scanner flagging skse64.dll as having this Trojan embedded in it? For now I am going to another game and let this ride until an answer is given.

Edited by Theftwind

I don't know. I am reluctant to allow Windows to ignore the file until there is a definitive explanation for it being flagged as a Trojan. From researching the Azden.A!cl Trojan it is a nasty one so why is my Virus scanner flagging skse64.dll as having this Trojan embedded in it? For now I am going to another game and let this ride until an answer is given.

I am using Windos 10 and did check the latest skse64 with defender and found no trojan there. If you have that trojan it must come from somewhere else.

http://skse.silverlock.org/

If you are using Windows 10 Defender the skse_64_loader.dll is being flagged as a Trojan and has been moved to quarantine. Windows updated Defender 4/25/2019 at 7:06AM

Trojan:Win32/Azden.A!cl

Alert level: Severe

Date: 4/25/2019 3:36PM

Category:Trojan

Details: This program is dangerous and executes commands from an attacker.

Affected Items:

file: D:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\skse64_steam_loader.dll

That fixed it apparently. I just put the entire steam library so Windows Defender would let it through, reinstalled SKSE and it works.

Thank you, it was making me do :wallbash: for at least a week. I never thought to check the antivirus. :facepalm:

• 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...