SKSE Loader "Couldn't find TES_.exe"

Firefly627

I have recently installed the latest version of SKSE, the one supposed to be compatible with version 1.5.26. I followed the readme's instructions and placed all the .dll files in the same folder with the TESV.exe file.

However, when I try to run the SKSE Loader, I recieve this error message:

"Couldn't find TES_.exe"

...What? The program isn't even searching for the correct .exe file, which is TESV.exe! I've tried reinstalling multiple times, but to no avail. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am also having this problem. This is what my skse notepad says:

skse loader 010400F0 01CD360E02063485 6.1 (7601)

runtime root = C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\skyrim\

config path = C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\skyrim\Data\SKSE\skse.ini

using runtime name from config: TES_.exe

procPath = C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\skyrim\\TES_.exe

Couldn't find TES_.exe.

What is with the TES_ thing? I tried changing it to from TESV to TES_ but that didnt work. What do I need to do to get this to work right?

• 2 weeks later...

It's extremely frustrating, especially when I am told that I simply didn't read the instructions or readme file, which is what I followed to the letter.

It is a very simple fix fellas go into the data folder then skse folder you will see the skse.ini file just open it with notepad change the TES_.exe to TESV.exe removing the underscore and save the file voila! loader works.

My path to the ini looks like this just for a point of reference, it will look different if you are using the steam version of the game >>>> C:\Program Files (x86)\The Elder Scrolls V Skyrim\Data\SKSE and remember the ini file has a little cog wheel on it.

• 6 months later...

tanx bro, I'm a mong in messing with files and stuff,, this was easy, as it should be in NEXUS, the real sharks, I guess, don't need NEXUS. I think to many mods need you to be fiddeling with files, Which a little hard and risky, when you have no clue what so ever about programming and a great count of players don't. And I am fifty and danish, so with chalk squibs out my ears and words I don't know, it's a challenge.

But again tanx bro

DonDexa

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...