adding specific resistances like fo1/2? (laser, plasma, exlosive etc)

sjohnson89

okay i had a quick look. its turning into a script in script (scriptception!) situation. okay as a start i found i can add 2 effects to ammo effect part, one for type: dr mod and the other one is for type:dt mod. then i can set the operation to multiply for each, and the value to 0. effectively canceling out any dr/dt the target has.

i did a google search but i failed to find a script for "oncriticalhit" condition.

this getrandompercent thing sounds awesome, good to know.

sorry for the noobishness, this is literally the first time i'm trying scripting. your help is greatly appreciated

Well unless you are opening the script editor and starting with the SCN line ... it is not scripting per'se.

But technically there are scripts running all over the place to quote the matrix line ... hehe.

The methods I mentioned so far , is to use objects that have scripting built in. And yes with Actor effects , it becomes an object within an object. And when using the CIOS is an object within an object within a script.

And of course you can get it all done with one script usually. But it can get complex and usually a step up in knowledge. Sometimes more efficient , but other times less efficient.

The key for you though , would be what brings it all together for the best way to understand what is going on.

And each to their own on that ^shrug^

But no worries for noobish questions , they are a part of learning to mod/script , all questions are good if they help you :thumbsup:

Now as far as a condition on a hit being critical , there is this ... https://geckwiki.com/index.php/GetLastHitCritical which says it only works in an OnHit or OnHitWith begin block (which both of those are single frame also)

But strangely enough , it shows up as a condition you can select on the "Actor Effect / Effect Item "

But that just might be an oversight , in which it won't work ... but might as well try it.

And a piece of advice while doing all this testing. Make a separate file , or a backup , to test all this stuff before you finally figure out and decide near the final product.

Throwing away test files is common practice , just comes with the territory for ruling out why stuff is not working.

And one more thing for if your changes just made in a file don't seem to be working.

Try and toggle the archive invalidation ... which just means to turn it off , then on again ... with the files you are about to launch checked.

I'm not sure on the specifics of what all it will fix , but I have had it fix enough stuff , that I just do it religiously now before testing any file I made changes in. And sometimes you need to use a save from before the changes ... in fact I would avoid making any saves while testing , unless your testing needs a save spot.

Like with "GetGameRestarted" needs a save spot.

Well you wanted it to be a global effect right ? So the ammo effect , or impact script effect on the ammo item , would be the best imo. But subsequently the impact script route , I think is best done with a CIOS command that leads to Actor Effects would be best. But then again my indepth script knowledge is limited compared to someone like EPDGaffney. So if he comes up with something , would check that out for sure.

But just going from this point with the knowledge I have given , a simple impact script leading to an actor effect to do most of the work is my advice. And you can also cast multiple actor effects from one script.

Either way , getting familiar with my mention , which is the method before the advent of the more advanced scripting through addons. Is still worth while imho.

And actually to start , sounds like you have a lot of idea's floating around , so it would do you good to just make a text document outlining the outcomes you want to see. Sort of a screen play so to speak.

And is good for transferring your Idea in your head into someone elses more efficiently anyways.

i'll make some tests tomorrow, much obliged mate. btw i confused the threads, i was supposed to be talking about specific resistances lol. but this helped greatly

lol ya ... sorta morphed into answering your question from the other thread.

But I feel it is all related ... and like I said ... you have idea's swirling that need more defining before the actual implementation can be plotted out.

So make some outline documents ... at the least for yourself ... cuz I swear it will help.

Damage resistences ... hmmm ... sort of another subject. And really hinges on the different types of damages already present. And where they are implemented.

So not really sure if you want to bother with those , unless you are going to also overhaul the damage dealt side ??? ^shrug^