New Ammo Models?

cydonianmystery

I know, this request may sound really petty or stupid to some people, because it's mostly an OCD thing. And I'm sorry if it does, so just bear with me.

But I was wondering if someone would actually be willing to make all-new models for unusual ammo types.

What prompted this idea, was the FN P90 mod; which I really enjoy. I remember trying another mod that changes it to 5mm rounds, but the 5mm round in Fallout 4 is actually really big, almost as large as a .50 caliber round IIRC.

New Calibers changes the name to FN 5.7x28mm, but the model itself is still unchanged.

So... that's what I'm asking for. A correctly sized FN 5.7x28mm round. Here's some images to give an idea of what I'm talking about.

The 5.7mm round is fourth from the left, with the blue tip. It's between a .45 ACP round, and a 5.56mm NATO round. Both of which are vanilla ammo types, so it should be pretty easy to judge the scale. :D Compared to the vanilla 5mm round, it'd be pretty tiny.

If the new round was made to just replace the vanilla 5mm round, it'd probably work pretty painlessly and not need any new ESP or whatever. At least in theory; I'm still trying to wrap my head around how FO4 handles meshes and bgsm entries. I've tried replacing models before via Xedit, and it just straight up didn't work.

But anyway, I'll stop babbling. Thanks for reading my request. If it's too much trouble, don't worry about it.

Meshes as replacement are pretty easy, if your mesh is correctly made to be Fallout 4 compatible. Just put it in the same spot in the file structure as the one you want to replace and active archive invalidation. That's all it takes, no Xedit needed.

With relation to 5mm, based on the model used for individual rounds in Fallout 5, much speculation around the internet, and the fact that the Russian AK-112 being chambered for it in Fallout 1-2, I think it may have been intended as a form of 5.45mm. The model somewhat resembles .30-06, but that's clearly too big. The best known round I can find in the 5mm range with similar proportions is the 5.45. It looks the most like a 5.45 High Pressure test round from Romania. #4 here. Compare to the Fallout 4 game model. The bullet itself looks the same, but the cartridge looks just a bit smaller. The 5.8 Chinese round (far left) also bears some resemblance, but nothing is a perfect match.

Edited by jkruse05