No mod for enemies always showing in compass?

Nassens

Hello everybody. I'm making this question just for curiosity... I've been searching for this for a while on Nexus and Elsewyr also to no avail.

I don't want to start a debate here of how better things are now or how worse. The whole point of mods is for us all having the game the way we want. And in my case I like to have enemies always marked in red in my compass like they were in FO3/FNV. Not using recon scopes, power armor mods, etc...: I want them to show always and forever just depending on distance from me and my perception SPECIAL. Not after "caution" state, also in "hidden" (like in FO3 and FNV).

And since the game have already built in the percepcion based distance to put red markers on the compass while in combat and the recon scope system to mark enemies out of combat... I thought that it would be one of the more easy mods to find out there. So I was really surprised not to find any (there are mods that restore compass in survival difficulty and mods that remove completly markers in compass, but not this).

So my question is not a complain. I know by far that mod authors are people who dedicatly give their spare time creating incredible mods for the joy of us users. I'm not demanding anything. I'm just curious about this subject: why does this mod doesn't exist since it would be a pretty obvious modification to do (in the functional level)?

Is it technically that hard to implement and those two already built in systems cannot be used to achieve the result?

Is there any conspiracy behind scenes of which I know nothing that consider mods like allowing you to tgm back in survival legit but definetly having a permanent aware compas is beyond limits?

Does the mod exists but I'm so noob in searching both in Nexus, in LL and in Google that I haven't found it?

Am I the only human on earth that want this feature back?

As I said, I write this just for curiosity, to have some talk about the subject with someone who understand better this thing. I'm intrigued about it.

*Bump*

Also, I write again to request if someone could help me to attempt such a mod myself if it's not that hard...

Im not afraid of using tools as fo4edit or creation kit, but ive got not the knowledge from where to begin... I mean I donn't know if I should seek in detection or in hud elements. Nor even where to find within those tools records or what to change.

I guess this kind of mod is beyond my abilities (this far Ive just tryed opening others mods' and tweaking values here and there...) but... well, should anybody have a clue of what could I try or what specifics tutorials I could investigate to fullfill this task I don't mind giving it a try.

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Cant one just mod some eyewear/helmets at the armor Station to have a hostile-Tracker, sort of?

Not sure if it works with all, but I assume just a few ones.

Other than that, I like Loot Detector, it also lets you enable to highlight Living/active enemies.

hth