Howdy Dudey ya'll

stonej

Figure I'd start here in hoping to find some help with understanding how to use MODS on PC.

My name's Jesse and I'm a FO4 nerd. I've been nerding since day 1 of FO4.

I played FO4 like crazy on XB1. Once the mods dropped I was stoked and began using them to my hearts content. At first it seemed the XB1 could handle the load of MODS but as my favorite mod (Rise of the Commonwealth), among others, became more intense I kept crashing. Frustrated I bought it on PC and am in the process of upgrading my PC and it's hardware to give me a more enjoyable FO4 experience.

With all that being said, I know nothing of modding for PC. I have LOOT and Nexus Mod Manager, do I really need both? Where can I go to read, or better yet YouTube, to understand what I'm doing?

Thanks for the time.

- Jesse

there are in fact quite a few YT tutorials on modding

personally I really like Gopher (https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1CSCMwaDubQ4rcYCpX40Eg) , but there are other great channels (like https://www.youtube.com/user/ar15nurse and https://www.youtube.com/user/gamerpoets/featured)

while you may find that most tutorials are for Skyrim , they apply to FO4 as well

what I would recommend that you do first is to watch a video that explains the differences between the different mod manager (Nexus Mod Manager , Mod Organizer 2 and Vortex) and choose which one you wish to use for your game (using more than one mod manager for the same game is never a good idea)

after you decide on a mod manager , find and watch some of the basic tutorials for that mod manager , and do the basic setups and all

once you've done this , you should have the basic knowledge required to start modding your game , so you should be able to browse the FO4 Nexus site , find the mods you may wish to use , and start downloading and installing them

do read the descriptions of the mods you wish to use , install them as per their instructions , and read the FAQs and sticky posts to get the most info you can before installing these mods . this should make sure that you make no mistakes , and therefore allow you to avoid the errors that most users might have due to not properly reading the information provided by the mod author

and if you have any questions , feel free to ask (for modding questions , please go to the appropriate forum and post there , though I would recommend searching for similar threads first , to save you the time of waiting for an answer , as there is a great deal of information already in the forums , if you are willing to search for it)

good luck , and enjoy :)

Hi Jesse/Stonej, and welcome to the Nexus Forums.

I don't know what that last post was, but I hope you enjoy your time here modding and overall having a fun time being in the community.

Please update if WastelandAssassin's post help you, if you need anything just ask.

Have a good day.

my last past was about the script extender and if it was needed. I answered my own question by doing a little bit of digging around, funny how that works!

As far as for Assassin's response, it has helped a ton. The "Gopher" channel has proven to be a lot of help in getting me where I understand NMM, mods, load orders, etc. I haven't done a full launch of FO4 yet cause I'm still trying to understand it all before I begin.