How Little We Know quest bug

harimau93

so I don't know if this a bug or not, but maybe it's worth pointing out, so apparently on How Little We Know quest, if you side with Legion at that time & don't side with Cachino, after Big Sal ordered Button Man to kill Cachino, the next stage of quest revealed, " Cachino is dead, speak to the boss what to do next " , so I talked to Big Sal but he don't have the dialogue for me, I thought maybe it wasn't Big Sal, maybe Nero the other boss, but the thing is Nero always in his suite room with hard locked door which he never leave, the quest marker still pointing at Big Sal, but Big Sal still don't have the dialogue for me what to do next. kinda stuck with this since it never happen before, even I don't side with NCR or Legion. is there a way to console command trigger Big Sal dialogue to reveal your next mission?

thank you for the reply, yes I did checked the sites you mentioning, I also checked Big Sal dialogue option that was supposed to appear to advance for the next mission, but nothing come to fruition, disable all mods, disable the YUP patch mods don't do anything. I also checked out the Mick & Ralph side quest with them where Mick asking you to check out with Omerta why they don't buy guns anymore, then I went to BIg Sal to check out if there any new dialogue available, there is about this side quest with mick&ralph but Big Sal just saying he don't know Adam & doesn't want anything to do with me ??

Edited by harimau93

It is my understanding from the wiki articles that the problem arises from the sequence in which you proceed thru the quest and give the proper responses. Answer out of sequence, and you fail the option. Once you fail any essential aspect of a quest, you can't get back on the path. (Various conditional dialog flags that are set or not set.) You have to go back to some point prior to where it failed and answer correctly. This tends to be more the case with the "independent" quests than the main plot line.

I'm afraid I did that quest too long ago to recall the precise details, though I vaguely recall another discussion about it in the Nexus "Fallout New Vegas" forum.

-Dubious-